Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

please check it out when you have time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please check it out when you have time...

aloha, jonathan wolf here.

my site is www.dragonflutesrising.com

two things going on for me:

1. i have used www.browsershots.org to look at my site on many different browser formats. pretty cool. one mac user friend tells me that i have some sloppy text spilling out of place here and there on her browser. i cannot figure that out, as my page parameters are all the same 970 wide by 700 long and ticked to be centered in browser. i also added the 'stop browser cache' embedded in the page html, as per the tutorial. (very helpful and happily received in my inbox from you all, thanx!)

2. i have a paypal account already before joining voda host. yea. when i set my shipping details and everything for each individual paypal icon, i set base ship @ $10, and set both extra ship and handling @ $0. yet when i test my site to buy a flute, the shipping comes out to $30. i have contacted paypal with this same question and am waiting on reply. any suggestions?

all criticism and advice will be very welcomed!

thanx blue voda & voda host! this is the best experience yet for me in web site building. i am a novice for sure, which is even more of a testament to voda host and these forums in achieving as much as i have here already. i found that i really enjoyed building it, figuring a few things out, and getting tons and tons of help from these forums! rock on!

mahalos and namaste

jonathan

Re: please check it out when you have time...

Hey there,

You website seems to have a calming, smooth yet simple look to it. They problem I found is some of the text is misaligned and goes through the menu at the top. I think you need to adjust it, otherwise good job.
    Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Comment

Hi jon11Hawaii,

Guess you must have fixed the problem with the text going through the top, or is it my browser that shows it o.k. Liked your site and wish you good luck

www.startgettingpregnant.com

Comment

Very informal
        Text I think looked a little small in places (http://www.dragonflutesrising.com/teachers.html)
        could do with the page being a little longer as when you scroll down to the bottom it is virtually bottomed out..

http://www.dragonflutesrising.com/about.html bottom of the picture seems to be longer than the page (picture dissapears)

personally I dont like the solid black background, I'd rather use a shaded Black/grey to give it a little more brightness,
        "cliDRAGON FLUTES RISING"

I think theres a "click here" behing the writing, the font dusguises it, again Looks good but think you can do better with the heading, looks too plain, spice it up a bit.

Otherwise.. Good :)

Comment

thanx for the advice, i'll play around with the background and the text"y" stuff...

any clues about doing a purchase download script for selling my tracks individually?

after that, i think i'm mostly in the clear...

voda host rocks!

Comment

having problems still with centering main text..

any suggestions?

Comment

have you tried just turning the font down a bit?? dont think the banner name needs to be that big as they know what site their at anyways :)
              www.digitalenchant.com

Comment

Neat site, done well too!

I am thinking it may have something to do with the possibility you have used the leading Textual Headline as an H-META Tag, and may not have completed the formatting, or have it set for one browser instead of toward a more 'universal' viewability ..... but then again, as mentioned, you may just need to reduce the size of the text a few notches for it to fit nicely!
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Namaste Jon....super!
                  Can't play anything (except the fool) but I want to buy a flute he-he
                  david
                  Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

good point! didn't quite think of that

Comment

Working...
                    X