Ok I did it, it's done, it's published

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok I did it, it's done, it's published

Well I finally got it done. It's published. The only thing I can find that isn't working (I haven't checked it all yet tho) is my email links, the email doesn't open for the customer to contact me and the same with linking to and opening my other website. My BlueVoda is www.jeannieskoiandgifts.com and my IX Web is www.customplatesbyjeannie.com I will be trying to redo the custom plates site as a secondary BlueVoda site soon. Please be kind. sigh Thanks Jeannie

Re: Ok I did it, it's done, it's published

I've been looking at my page and it's nothing like it shows in the default browser. On the clocks page there is photography, shows perfectly in my saved pages and also in the browser. Pages cannot be found for photography and ordering & shipping! Now both pages said they were successfully published. What's going on? Help? Jeannie

Comment

Ok I went back in and fixed some things. My links to my other web site work. However, now on the clocks page instead of photography there is some jewelry! Blue Voda seems to be changing thing in that lightbox. When I check to edit it, all looks like it should, even in the browser window. I am getting the error 404 page cannot be found for the last 4 pages in the menu bar...... I compared them with the first 4 and they seem to be the same. Can someone help me see what I did wrong with the second set of menu bar links? Thanks

Comment

Looked at the koi and gifts site.

Sorry I don't remember off the top of my head how but I think you should center your pages. Might want to reduce the number of pieces on each page it should help the load time and give customers a chance to shop by categories.

Nice looking site overall.
        Dan

Our SOHO built site

Comment

Thanks I need to figure out why the last 4 page links don't work. I've rechecked everything and it seems ok. I thought everything was centered but I'll check that too. Lots of work to be done before I advertise it's up. Any advice on the "missing links"? Thanks Jeannie

Comment

Hi jeannie,

Can't criticise, since I'm only just starting myself. The site was a bit slow loading up for me, even though I'm on quite a fast broadband, but the links worked fine for me.

I did find the light colour at end of the ordering and shipping page was hard to read against the background.

Keep on going though, we're all learning together!

All the best with your work, newbie
            www.startgettingpregnant.com

Comment

10,000kb plus! i think it might be a record in this page. lol
              Only joking with you. The light box is really for the odd image that wants enlarging on a web page & not for this amount of images being used as a gallery/shopping cart. Need to aim for the 2-300kb per page mark & less if possible.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
              X