Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• page opening within a page?

Hi

Currently rdesigning my website and i would like to know if i can open a page within a page?
    to try and make sense-
    when you go to the index page and click on the nav bar for ie: information-instead of this loading into a completly new page-can it load into that index page ( just so i dont have to copy the design onto each and every nav abr page! )
    within the information page how would i set this up just to open in the space of the main index page?
    Does that make any sense??!!

Re: page opening within a page?

Thats called an IFRAME.

You can also make a page with all your navigation ..headers ..footers etc and save it as main.bvp and then just clone this page when you want to make a new page.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

ok-think ive got that but can i make the iframe the same colour as my webpage-black? Then add the information i need with text- tried it but cant seem to do it!!

Comment

You would need to have a black back ground on the pages that will load into the I-Frame. You do not add text to the I-Frame you link pages to load into it, think of it like a picture frame and the different pages are the photos.
        Reguards
        Ed
        www.dsondesigns.com
        www.marseillesyouthsports.com
        www.300hitter.com
        www.bigjk.net
        How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

thanks-
          so i'm making a page called information-which i have done in black,
          on my nav bar ive gone into the properties and linked it with the website address and then /information.html
          then in the iframe ive put website address then the same -/information.html
          so when i go to the main page and click on the nav bar for information the iframe will come up with information? is that right-can that be seen in preview?

Comment

sorry being a bit DOH!
            it doesnt seem to be linking together-where do i put the iframe do i selcet on my index page then build from there? looked at the tutorial but i cant gain any help from there!

Comment

First nothing will link untill the pages are published.

You put the i_frame on your index page if that is the page you want everything to display on. Name the I-Frame if1 within the i_frame properties.

Now you create your menu bar, if you want the information page to load into the I-Frame you add it to the url, in the taget area you type in if1. Repeat this for all your pages.

Create you pages that load into the inline frame. One would be information for example.

Thats it, once you publish it will work but you have to publish the pages.
              Reguards
              Ed
              www.dsondesigns.com
              www.300hitter.com
              www.bigjk.net

Comment

Thanks for that
                so do i add multiple i frames on my index page for each and every page then ie:
                i frame for information, then a seperate one for classes-gallery-etc...and will they come up in the same space that iwant them to? all in the same spot?
                Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jferia71 View Post
                  Thanks for that
                  so do i add multiple i frames on my index page for each and every page then ie:
                  i frame for information, then a seperate one for classes-gallery-etc...and will they come up in the same space that iwant them to? all in the same spot? or do i point all may nav bar pages as if1 ? then in the iframe on my index page what do i put in for the url in properties??
                  Many thanks
                  or do i point all may nav bar pages as if1 ? then in the iframe on my index page what do i put in for the url in properties??

Comment

Just one inline frame, set the target to all your links as if1. The URl for the inline frame properties should be set to the first page you want to display, other wise it will be empty until a link is clicked. So if you have a page called information you would type in http://yoursite.com/information.html in the URL and as soon as someone goes to your site it will load that page in the inline frame as if it were on the index page already.
                    Reguards
                    Ed
                    www.dsondesigns.com
                    www.300hitter.com
                    www.bigjk.net

Comment

one Iframe
                      nav links to all the info pages - target = Iframe name
                      Ifram url the first info page you wish shown
                      Have fun
                      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                      Newbies / Beginners Forum
                      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Ive finally managed to do that!
                        Only prob i have now is_
                        I'm only getting 3 of my nav bar pages load into the iframe, i have gone through and published these so i could check it was working and my top 3 nav bar pages wont load-
                        I have checked all links that i have put in if1 etc.... and it all matches up with the stuff i have set up whrere the bottom 3 nav bar pages load - any ideas?
                        I put in the front iframe on index page and loaded the url with the website address then/home1.html and even this wont load despite naming the said page the same!
                        Also-try to add hyperlink to a text- but the hyperlink icon at the top of my page in blue voda is not 'live' so when i click on it nothing happens!
                        Thanks again

Comment

We need a link to our site to see whats going on.
                          Reguards
                          Ed
                          www.dsondesigns.com
                          www.300hitter.com
                          www.bigjk.net

Comment

website address is www.salsamundolatino.co.uk but i am currently updating this so the one you see will probably be the old one as the other pages i'm naming as information1.html etc...

Comment

Working...
                            X