New Add-on Domain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Add-on Domain

Can someone check on my new add-on domain to see what I am missing. I have been working with this for days now.

Thank you!

www-photocontest.net
    www-photocontest.net/index.php

Re: New Add-on Domain

well other than the DOT instead of a DASH.. it looks like you havent pointed the domain to your server. You will need to login to wherever its registered and point it to your voda host servers. This information is in your welcome email.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

the hyphen is correct. That is part of the domain so it is actually www.www-photocontest.com.

I think I have pointed my domain to the server. Do I use the ns1.voda32.com or the IP address beside it in my original welcome letter? Do I ever use the IP address that I publish to from BlueVoda? Would the IP address be the same for both domain names I have?

Is there a number I can call to have someone set it up for me?

gunnk2

Comment

Originally posted by gunnk2 View Post
        the hyphen is correct. That is part of the domain so it is actually www.www-photocontest.com. Why??????????

I think I have pointed my domain to the server. Do I use the ns1.voda32.com or the IP address beside it in my original welcome letter? Do I ever use the IP address that I publish to from BlueVoda? Would the IP address be the same for both domain names I have?

Is there a number I can call to have someone set it up for me?

gunnk2
        You may need both the ip's and the addresses depending on who your registrar is. Yes they will be the same
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I keep getting a message saying "this nameserver is already registered."

I have a file under public/html named www-photocontest. I have published to it. When I go to the web address now I get the cgi_bin folder.

Am I getting closer?

BTW I wanted www-photocontest as a display url and landing page for some advertisements.

Comment

Yes, now you need to have a home page and call it index all lower case. then you will see your site
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Okay, I just got it up by moving the php file to the right folder. Now My pics are not showing up.
              Any ideas?

Comment

what folder are you publishing to? how are you publishing?

Comment

I just changed the Hotlink Protection setting after seeing it suggested in another thread. No difference. Still missing pictures.

www-photocontest.net

Comment

what folder are you publishing to? how are you publishing?

Comment

public_html/www-photocontest is what i am publishing to.

I use the BlueVoda Publish button to publish to. Is that what you are asking?

Comment

Actually, to be honest, I have no idea where it's being published. I don't actually see the index.php page when I check the folder from my cpanel.

How can I tell?

Comment

ok, just checking cos you wont believe how some people do it!! Ok, there is one picture that has a gap in the name which sometimes causes that , but not ssure that's your problem as one doesn't have a gap and still doesn't show. Try publishing again

Comment

Published again. Same prob
                            What do you mean by gap in the name? Something I need to fix?

Comment

when naming images don't leave a gap. don't call an image white hat name it white_hat use lower case too.

Not sure why you not seeing pics, not a problem I have personally come across, but someone will know and will answer you sson I am certain.

Comment

Working...
                              X