Screen Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen Size

Hello, can someone help me? I am trying to update my website. OK, you know how some computers have different screen sizes. How do I make my page fit the screen size automatically. it looks different on my widescreen laptop than it does on my desktop. I want my users to experience the same thing no matter what size their monitors are. Get me?

Thanks to all who respond. I appreciate it.

Robert Reid
    info@successxpress.com

Re: Screen Size

Well the issue isn't with their monitor size, its the resolution their computer it set at.

But anyway, BV can only create a fixed size webpage, its doesn't have the functionality to make a fluid page that will fill the screen.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

So the only thing I will be able to do is check it on a standard size monitor, and larger ones will just have extra space huh?

Thanks for the info...

Comment

Build your site around 940-980 wide and you'll be fine. You can't cater for all size screens, I have a 24" wide screen and see more background than I do website onmost sites, but that's cos I like my settings that way. You can't change the settings people have their screens set to.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

When I set my page width to 908, the page previews (it's not published yet) way to the right of center with the right part of the page off the screen. I have clicked to have the page centered in the browser. Only when my page width is over 1160 is does the whole page appear on the screen when previewed. Is that okay or is it going to cause any problems when I finally publish my site?

Comment

Make sure you set your page width to the width of the widest part of your site. for example if your banner is 908 then set your page width to 908.

BUT.... don't centre your site in the builder.... Build from as far over to the left of the builder as you can. Then in page properties make sure 'centre in browser' is ticked, then you should be ok
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

The widest part of my site, which is the whole page that shows in the builder in BV, is 1200, not 980. I have designed the page to start at the left border of the builder and the available building screen in the BV builder is 1200 wide. Am I doing something wrong?

Comment

You are doing wrong by building your site at 1200 wide. You are advised to stay under 1000 (980 max if you can)

Then you make your page width 980 in page properties.

Comment

This might help
                  Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Oh, oh. I've already built about 10 pages out of about 120. In order that I am completely clear about what you're saying, are you saynig I should make my page only 980 of the available 1200 in the BV builder screen? Meaning there will be a lot of blank space to the right of where I'm building my page?

Comment

If you want it to fit all visitors screens! Then Yes. BV isn't a fluid type web builder. The page size can be set to 50,000 x 50,000 if you wish. But 980 will keep most visitors happy.
                      Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Got the same problem with my webpage(still unpublished). When I click the preview, the heading and my text content gets centered except the background which seemed to be in tiled mode. I wonder if when my site is published, the background would come in place. Id be glad for some inputs.

flyer13

Comment

Thanks, Chris. I'm glad I found out about this now. Back to the drawing board!

Comment

Originally posted by flyer13 View Post
                            Got the same problem with my webpage(still unpublished). When I click the preview, the heading and my text content gets centered except the background which seemed to be in tiled mode. I wonder if when my site is published, the background would come in place. Id be glad for some inputs.

flyer13
                            The background will always tile. Just place the image on the front of the page & see if you can blend a background colour with the image.
                            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris, am glad to know i'm heading the common path. I'll see what some changes may do good. Best regards mate.

flyer13

Comment

Working...
                              X