The things you can do...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The things you can do...

...with a simple phpBB forum are quite amazing when you take the time and patience to make it all work. It involves lots of research and lots of file editing, but the end result, when everything is done properly, is a nice forum your users like and want to visit again. Sure, you can have a forum on your site using the basic set up, but your users won't be impressed and probably won't stick around. They want functionality in one form or another, and you won't have that.

I'd like to invite you all to visit my forum at this address and take a look around. See what you can do if you are willing to work on this stuff. The forum at the very bottom of the screen - Voda Guests - is configured so you can post on it without needing to register, which will allow you to see all the things you can accomplish if you are willing to WORK for it.
    My NASCAR Forum

Re: The things you can do...

Navaldesign... I activated the edit button for guests.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Cool! Now,if you can, explain me how did i do that thing on my second post ???

Hey guys, go there and see what php2bb can do in the hands of someone who knows what he's doing !
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Looks like you figured it out. LOL
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

can i reccomend you do the quick reply mod, the majority of people like quick reply :D

Comment

Nope. lol
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Because it's not conducive to the style of my forum. The people who visit like to carry on conversations which was the intent. The result is there is one thread on there with well over 20,000 posts and if someone comes in and uses a quick reply, no one knows who they are responding to.

I have a 'post reply' button built into each post which is basically a fancy 'quote' button, but it makes it easy to tell who is posting to whom and it's a breeze for people who've just logged in to get caught up with the conversation.
              My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Very logical and well thought out, thanks for the info race.

NOW I shall HAVE to visit your forum..........
                Have fun
                Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                Newbies / Beginners Forum
                FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

By all means, come on by.
                  My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Hey very nice racey, ive just been n had a play :o)
                    Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
                    http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Very nice forum. I am very impressed.
                      Dana

Comment

So....you make this sound as intimidating as OSC.....

I have already aged fiddle-farting with Soho, have 2 OSC carts to yet install, and need to do a phpBB Forum in a password-protected mode for "Associate Only" use. Am I peeing in the wind again???
                        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
                          So....you make this sound as intimidating as OSC.....

I have already aged fiddle-farting with Soho, have 2 OSC carts to yet install, and need to do a phpBB Forum in a password-protected mode for "Associate Only" use. Am I peeing in the wind again???
                          Do yourself a favor and spring for a vBulletin forum. For the longest time, I couldn't afford/ didn't see the need for vBulletin but now that I have one, I'll never use phpBB again. What took hours/days/weeks to build with phpBB is already configured into vBulletin.

You can do what you're looking to do with phpBB with some modifications and I'll always be available to help with any questions, but I promise that vBulletin will make your life a lot simpler.
                          My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Moola?? Mucho? or more like a box of cigars and a case of beer?

And...THANK YOU for the candor. It really helps keep me sane....I guess....
                            PS_ Liked your avatar pix in the Forum....so you race yourself? (not much of a name-knower)
                            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                            X