MySQL Database.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MySQL Database.

I have come across this MySQL a few time the last few days when looking for php related items. Is this in the BV web building system or is it somewhat of an attachment to php that would need to be included if one were to need a php item related to MySQL. If possible, what is it and what does it stand for?
    Thank You

Re: MySQL Database.

MySQL is a database management system. Its not something in itself that you can physically see. There is an interface in cPanel to create new databases, as well as an interface to edit the database tables (PHPMyAdmin).

Its separate of PHP, although it commonly used with PHP scripts for data storage. (I say separate in the sense that it isn't exclusive to PHP nor does a PHP have to use MySQL at all).

If you were to use a PHP script that required it you would just have to create the database and save some settings to the PHP script so it could connect to the database (Info like host, database name, database username, database password).

MySQL stands for "My Structured Query Language"

Hope that helps

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Does the MySQL database over ride the existing database or does it compliment it? I hope that's not a dumb question. Would installing the MySQL be more than an easy task or is it complicated?
      Thank You

Comment

What existing database are you talking about?

MySQL is already installed, you just have to create the actual databases, which takes about a minute, there is a video tutorial for creating databases.

VodaHost.com tutorial about how to use the control panel of your hosting account.

Tutorial #11

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thank You, I didn't know that was the database management system in place. I'm sure I'll understand better after the tutorial. It's all chinese to me starting to look like english if you will. Thanks for the link

Comment

Working...
          X