Joined Friday 06th March

Partied the weekend

Monday 09th March started website with tutorial support

Tuesday 10th March debugged the website and getting ready to GoogleAd
    www.ashtontrades.com
    www.goldbloq.com
    www.jimmyquiz.com

Re: Check for simplicity

hmmm.... maybe you should have said 'No' to the party?

<title>Ashton Trades</title>
    <meta name="AUTHOR" content="Rob Brown">
    <meta name="KEYWORDS" content="kitch,bath,conv,exten,build,join,elec,pai nt,brick.drive.roof.kirk,lev,glen,dunf,cup,fife,ki nr,edin,stir,loth,scot">
    <meta name="DESCRIPTION" content="Property solutions for corporate and domestic customers.">

Your page title, which is incorrectly repeated for every page can do with a hell of a lot more thought and research. This is the most important part of your meta data and probably your whole site.

Your Keywords: Are likely to get your site the lowest ranking of all, if not banned

Your 'Description' Is not a page description as it should be

You don't have anywhere near enough text on your pages. If I were even considering using you to build me a kitchen/bathroom, pictures alone would not suffice.

Entice me!!!

Otherwise layout is okay for the time spent on it.

But you have a long long way to go before this website is ready for Google.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Really nice, but if you move the left side navigations to top and with some other buttons in black or blue.
      And i agree with the meta details, you are not describing your site to anything.
      I suggest use Google's keywords maker. and put all the keywords in there,
      Good luck,

Comment

[quote=azim;295174]
        quote]

Very misleading advice
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

[QUOTE=Marincky;295175]
          Originally posted by azim View Post
          quote]

Very misleading advice
          why is that? i use them.

Comment

I am not saying not to use them. The way you worded was extremely misleading.

I suggest use Google's keywords maker. and put all the keywords in there

That sounds like you are saying, use the tool to get your keywords and put them ALL in the meta data?

Comment

well, i don't mean to put every word which is not even reffering to the site's content, But use them all and pick out some useful words.
              What i do,
              Enter a word or a phrase and then download the whole file of words and enter another work or phrase and collect all the words and see what my site needs. Then i pick the top ones, and put'em in.
              Thanks for adding a comment, he might use them all. Haha

Comment

three or four keywords/phrases MAX is all you should use per page

Comment

Thanks for your quick replies people.

I'll take on board what you have said re. metatags.

It's a lot quicker to learn than Dreamweaver - the objective was to get something up and running quickly and then expand.
                  www.ashtontrades.com
                  www.goldbloq.com
                  www.jimmyquiz.com

Comment

I for one liked the great quality of your pix. Kudos on that!!! You need to be given credits where you deserve.

Herman

Comment

Hi, you’re off to a start of learning the basics, but need just a few alterations.
                      1. Page should be no wider than 985 to eliminate side scroll on most screens.
                      2. Template needs to be cropped & reduced to save it taking up 1/3 of the left of the screen.
                      3. Ashton Trades is on the title of each page & this should reflect what’s on the page, like “Kitchens”.
                      4. Your images should be name well with an alt tag of what they are IE: “wood kitchen” Alt “solid oak kitchen cabinets”
                      5. Need more text on most of the pages, so the SE,s have some sort of reference to what its all about.
                      6. Would recommend a form for your contact area as you might end up with a lot of spam email.
                      7. Your not very clear on what Ashton is? Is this your name, a company name or a place in Scotland?
                      8. You mentioned that you have worked in many named places in a list of countries in the EU. This might sound better if you stick with more local names to where you are based & have been requested to work in clients property’s in other EU countries. This might save some confusion for the SE’s.
                      9. Also need more key words in the content of the pages like: Plumbers/Electricians/Carpenters/. The word trade can naturally refer to 100’s of skills & building services can also mean every thing from body building to moral building unless its made obvious to the se’S what the sites about.

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Another issue - home page has a huge band of white space on LHS and I cannot see how to resolve it.

This does not happen on any of the other pages even though the home page was used as a template for the others.
                        www.ashtontrades.com
                        www.goldbloq.com
                        www.jimmyquiz.com

Comment

Resolved white space at LHS -

View - Page Properties - uncheck 'Centre in Browser'
                          www.ashtontrades.com
                          www.goldbloq.com
                          www.jimmyquiz.com

Comment

Hi Jack Russel

Nice Pictures! Unfortunately the site was very wide for my browser.

best of luck with the site newbie
                            www.startgettingpregnant.com

Comment

Working...
                            X