Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website Review

Hello All,

I've been with VodaHost for a while, but I'm new to the forums. I wanted to get some feedback on one of the websites that I've created for my brother's business, www.gladeconcrete.com. With the exception of needing to resize the pages, which I learned I needed to do from reading other posts on this forum (thanks!! :), are there any other suggestions??

This site has been up for a while, but I will be meeting with my other brother this evening to work on his site (www.deervalleymd.com), and since his site will be similar to the other, I wanted to get some feedback. Basically, they both wanted the sites so their potential customers would have a venue to view photos of their work. I've tried to reiterate to both of my brothers that I'm not a professional, and although I would love to create them both a professional looking website, I can only do so much with my limited talent!! ;)

Thank you for taking the time to view my site(s) and I appreciate your feedback. I enjoy looking at some of the amazing sites some of you have created and I only wish I had your talent.

-K

Re: Website Review

Hi, off to a good start, but both need some work with the side scroll. This might help.
    Not sure what it is? But the gallery page on your 1st site seams as though something is trying to load, but isn't coming through. This is the same on the home page of the second site.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Not bad, not sure why you are using such big fonts I think it could be reduced greatly. As for the things that Chris was talking about, it is the slide shows. I don't like that you have them in the movie player (takes to long to load, have to double click to get to work and you have no choice but to sit through the whole thing to see your work. I think you would be better off displaying the images right on the page (in thumb nails) that way the user could pick and choose and look at the pictures sa long as they want or not at all. You could also add some text to decribe what they are looking at also.
      Reguards
      Ed
      www.dsondesigns.com
      www.marseillesyouthsports.com
      www.300hitter.com
      www.bigjk.net
      How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Thanks so much for the feedback Chris and Ed!! I'm working on those changes for the www.gladeconcrete.com site now and have that brother working on putting together smaller thumbnail slideshows for the individual pages.

So, I worked on the other brother's website, www.deervalleymd.com, all weekend and that's now up and running. As you can see, we didn't do it similar to the concrete site afterall even though they're sister companies. I'm pretty darn happy with the way it's turned out so far, but would still appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,
        Keesha

Comment

Hi Keesha

Loving the second site deervalley. the slide shows are looking good and i tend to agree with ed and Chris about the slide shows on the concrete site they take a long time to load and you can't choose what photo to look at. Can you not use flash like on the other site.

Anyway well done!
          Craftaholic Supplies, The Home For All Your Papercraft Needs.

Comment

I liked it, nice smooth pictures and the colours are pretty good.

But you are lacking one VERY IMPORTANT THING!

Your brother's company needs a logo, it's one of the most important factors of people taking you seriously and professionally.

Click on my link below and I can help you out. I am currently in 12 different logo contests. One has already won.

As for the website, a few tweaks here and there are all that's needed, but overall it's good =)
            Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Comment

Hi Robert,

You must have been reading my mind because I was just checking out your website last night. I'm guessing you were talking about needing a logo for the concrete business, correct?? I'd like to do something for my brother revolving around the letters "GCS" because that is how we refer to the company.

Any advice on how to get the deer image cleaned up for the other business?? The original is very pixelated and I would love for it to have a nice smooth finish.

Thanks,
              Keesha

www.gladeconcrete.com
              www.deervalleymd.com

Comment

The concrete site has been re-done with the flash slideshows on the individual pages and I reduced the font sizes as suggested. I also reset the page sizes to eliminate the bottom scroll bar on the concrete site.

I still need to do some tweaking on each of the sites, especially to the bottom of each page on the deer valley site. I also need to research and familiarize myself with the keywords/meta tags so I can complete that for each of the sites.

Thanks again for your help and suggestions!! :)

Keesha

www.gladeconcrete.com
                www.deervalleymd.com

Comment

Keesha,

I didn't actually look at the deer valley website until now, but I think the logo surely needs a fix up. Plus that white background has to go, and it has some rough edges... I think it would be better to just be transparent because the background has a nice colour.

I could do a logo for your brother's site too. Working around the letters theme, and maybe adding in some sort of construction like ideas.

Please Email me, so I can Email you back with some designs.

Site is looking better btw =)
                  Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Comment

Robert,

I tried e-mailing you two different times yesterday, but both e-mails came back undelivered. Not sure why. The e-mail address you can use is wolfdog818********.com. I will try to send the information again tonight from the gladeconcrete.com address and see if that will work.

**Edited: Okay, just e-mail me at the address on the concrete site.**

Thanks,
                    Keesha

www.gladeconcrete.com
                    www.deervalleymd.com

Comment

that's wolfdog818 @ hotmail . com

Comment

Not sure what's happening with the Email. Sent one to you, hope you received it.
                        Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Comment

Working...
                        X