Website Review...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website Review...

Could someone/everyone look at my website www.shinwizards.com and give me your honest opinion about how it looks, flows and etc. I would like to know if it looks unprofessional or amateurish and what if anything could I do to make it better.

Thanks in advance for the critique...

Re: Website Review...

Hate to say this but I think you need to go back to the drawing board. Dont like the two intro pages, you have no navagation on your site (having just a next link is not navagation) the user should be able to go from page to page in any order at any time. Using large font to fill a page is not neccessary, either add more content or add in some pics of the product in question. The whole thing just made me want to click through as fast as possible to get to the end. Professional or amateurish? Long way from Professional, but has possibilities so dont give up.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

As dito above. Plus, don't like the idea of the 'next' buttom.

Cheers,
      N Z B R
      t o u r s
      New Zealand Tours
      Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
      Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
      Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
      Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Ed,

Thanks for looking at my website and offering your thoughts. Would you mind taking a look now and see what you think. Any further critiques would be appreciated.

Comment

If I were you, I would have a fixed menu on each page.
          It is very irritating to open a page, and when I want to move on to the next page, then I need to click on Home and then on the next page. It takes time.

The home page doesn't do anything to me. If I were a visitor, I would have clicked away immidiately. There is no color, no character to the site. It isn't really flowing to the eye.

The font you are using, is Comic Sans, if I am not mistaken, which is really unprofesional. It tells me that this site is light, not to be taken seriously - site.

If you want to look more proffesional, try using another font.

I know you are not using your full potential here. I am sure, if you go and sit, plan, outline your website again, you will come up with something much much better.

Try experimenting with oulays, designs etc.

I know you will do better the next round.

Practise, makes perfect.....

Good luck, don't give up.....you will get it right....

Kind regards
          HG
          Professional Photography Services Pretoria
          Advertising for South African Businesses

Comment

HG,

Would you mind taking another look at my site www.shinwizards.com and see what you think?

Comment

I had another look.

I appreciate it that you took my advice and made a fixed menu. Perhaps you must put it on the top like the home page. Just will flow better.

Don't change the menu on each page. It is annoying. If you have the following buttons on your home page eg. called, b1, b2, b3, b4, b5, try to keep it that way on each page. Changing buttons content doesn't look proffessional and can be quite irritating.

I see your pictures page is not centred. Just check the other pages.

I like the new background on the home page, but I still think, if you play around with outlays, you will come up with something greater. I would suggest if you have time, play around a little bit with colors, layouts etc.

If you need any help, don't hesitate to get in contact with me. And if you need another review, I will do it with great pleassure.

Good luck....and never give up...

Success Regards
              HG
              Professional Photography Services Pretoria
              Advertising for South African Businesses

Comment

Working...
              X