Here it is be kind pls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here it is be kind pls

Hi this is finally done except for the background color should be black and it won't fix. I have right clicked on the page properties and all is set for black so un sure of this. Its still viewing as white??
    But pls let me know what you all thinks. This is my first website.
    Thanks Robin

Re: Here it is be kind pls

Your gallery page is 8980px wide. Yipes! Reset that, and make sure all your pages are set for the same number, maybe 975 at the widest. At that point, you can maybe be able to reset the background to black successfully.

Keep at it--you're gettin' there!
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Thanks I fixed all the page sizes and no luck still is white background any other suggestions for this issue ??

Comment

This might help!
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank you that helped it out but still have a white background and have done the page properties and background is set to balck why will it not work is there a coding error somewhere??

Comment

Hi, looking at your pages code, i have it down as white. Have you changed it to black/saved it/ & republished?
            Also on looking at the code i see there is a part on the lower area with
            Book your Adventure Today. This needs the blue handles pulling in to help with the side scroll.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I think it would be better when the background is black, but with a white page for background for text, but with the text changed to black.

I have noticed that your Gallary page is not centered.
              The big font on your site is great. Makes it easy to read.

Did you try to open a blank page in bluevoda, and set the background to black and then just open your page with your content, copy and paste to new page?

But otherwise, site looks fine. (I would say you have done a great job, considering it's your first website).

Congratulations
              KG
              Professional Photography Services Pretoria
              Advertising for South African Businesses

Comment

You are the best to both of you and Thank you have made the adjustments hope its better. Still shows white it almos opens up in black then boots to the white? Can I change the coding?? It would be alot of work to redo all the pages again, but it did work when I redid a sample page and viewed it. Is there another easier step?? It showed up with the black background. HMmmmm why is that?
                thanks again
                Robin

Comment

It just takes time to copy and paste, but luckily, if you copy the content and paste it on the new page, it paste it exaclty on the same place on the new page.

I did some of my pages like that. But eventually the problem was fixed. (I had more than 20 pages...you only have a few).

You should experiment with your font color. See how it will look if the font was in black. Or a darker grey. (But it is your decision, just a thought).

I hope you find a solution to your background problem. I think if you can get it right to set the background to black, the site will look neater.

Good luck Robin...

Anything else, just shout....(in letters...lol)

KB

Comment

Thats just wierd I tryed like you said to copy all and aste to my sample page that worked but it showed with a white ack ground how unusal is that. Gotta be something to do with the coding or html text or a pic or something cause the top picture the header showed fine with a black background when I just had that in the sample one haha go figure eh??

Comment

It seems to me, that Murphy's Committee has bookmarked you...lol

It is really an odd problem. Make sure that your pics you are using, are cropped, (so that there is no unusual white around the pics).

Hope some genius comes this way to help you..... then I will also know how to help next time..... Keep me updated if you get the problem fixed.
                      (I am holding my thumbs...)

Regards
                      HG

Comment

Thanks Pal I will and I will check a few of the maps that might be it or the on shore lunch pics.
                        Thanks again
                        Robin

Comment

Its only a pleasure. Let me know if you need any more help/or another review.

Regards
                          HG

Comment

Nice web page, especially for a start. I think the overall design is pretty good. I would suggest using software to shrink those pictures rather than shrinking them in BlueVoda because it causes distortion. If you don't know how, you may be able to just get the dimensions and use MSPaint/Photoshop or something.

A few tweaks here and there and you're set. Seems like website can never be tweaked enough.
                            Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Comment

Thanks for that I used jpegresizer maybe thats why the distortion but will work on it some more any hints to the background can't get it to stay black??
                              Robin

Comment

Working...
                              X