Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please!

Hi my account is QOY-858454,
    I have published my pages and have my website now on the web. the problem i am finding is that when you open my site on my computer and on my offices computers it all seems ok. Since though i have been told by friends that on some of theirs all is ok but on other computers the font is all wrong. the writing is in the wrong place the images our not where they should be. Please let me know what i should do.
    My site is www.fashionyvestidos.com

Thankyou.

Re: Help please!

It depends on what type of browser they are using. If they use firefox it may cause pics to be out of place etc. Make sure you are using fonts that almost every computer have. If you use a font on your website that the viewer doesn't have on their computer, it replaces it with the nearest font.

I have had a look at your site. It would look better if you center your pages.

The font you are using, is quite difficult to read at times. I agree, its a fancy font, but poor sighted people might find it difficult, even I struggled to read the contact information.

On my computer, the fonts are okay, the pics are in place. I could not see anything out of place.

I think really it depends what brower they are using.

Remember the page centering.

Success Regards
    Honey G

Success Regards
    Professional Photography Services Pretoria
    Advertising for South African Businesses

Comment

Re: Help please!

Hi

On different browsers and screen resolutions, things can look different and even out of place.

You could download the most popular browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Opera) and have a look.
      Or you could use a cross-browser compatibility checker like this:

If you want to ensure that your fonts look the same on all (vast majority) computers - in Blue Voda, go to Tools/Options - and then tick the box that says 'websafe fonts only'.

If you want to use fancy fonts, then after placing the text on your page, right-click on the text, go to Properties, and then tick the 'Publish this text as an image' box.

The problem with converting text to images is that the text loses its SEO value. If a search engine can't read anything on your pages, your pages won't come up in search engine results.

You could do a compromise of both fancy font and websafe font maybe?

Very nice site by the way :)

Comment

Working...
      X