language converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• language converter

Hi does anyone know of a good AND free english to french language converter? I am making a site that I want to have an english version and a french version. Also if there is a program I can imbed in the english site that will convert the site with a click of a button that would be good too !! Any ideas and advice is welcome.

Re: language converter

Try babel fish. Its free open source and you can add it to any site. Its not PERFECT as things are always "lost in translation" but it does an excellent job.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you Karen , so far it seems to work alright - not sure I can't read french lol !

Comment

I would have someone who knows french read over your website and make sure that its correct, especially if you are selling something. I know if I was buying something from a website and the english looked like it was either written by a 5 year old or translated by someone who's only take two years of english I will find another site to buy from.

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

I strongly agree with watdaflip on this matter, although babelfish can give you an idea of what you might be reading in the language, it is far from excellent or even perfect.. my experience doing tri language websites has been to use actual translators .. and in so far as the programs that will auto convert the english directly on a webpage into another language, forget that too, as when the conversion takes place often times it is more words than space allows for in the english version or vice versa and text can run all over the place or even be missing ..

you really do need professional language translation in this regard ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X