This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain id protection?

Can anyone tell me why I would need domain id protection? I came across this as I was trying to sign up.

Re: Domain id protection?

Originally posted by stoygordo View Post
    Can anyone tell me why I would need domain id protection? I came across this as I was trying to sign up.

You may want to protect your personal information, such as your name, your address, your email address, telephone number - this information is available free to anyone checking the whois database registry of domains ... by purchasing domain id protection, the domain information about you is kept private.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
      You may want to protect your personal information, such as your name, your address, your email address, telephone number - this information is available free to anyone checking the whois database registry of domains ... by purchasing domain id protection, the domain information about you is kept private.
      Thank you. Since I will have all that info, name, address, e-mail... on my webpage, do you think it will be necessary or a risk? By the way I saw you video on embedding pdf files. very good. Hope I'll be able to use it

Comment

Hi .. well then it won't matter and no need to pay the extra charge .. just a word of caution about placing your email address and directly linking it to your email address, spammers tend to harvest linked email addresses .. so guess what ..here is another tutorial for encrypting your email address for you ... and glad you liked the embeded pdf tutorial, hope you can use it, but really recommend you do use this for linking your email address and of course use a contact form as well .. Cheers and good luck with your website ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Ohhh thank you for the advice. But I don't understand everything about the contact forms much less embedding the e-mail. Since setting up a contact form would probably be easier right now, MY QUESTION IS, where would my e-mail go?? When Voda Host says they are offering lots of e-mail addresses with your acct (and I did sign up today) does that mean I can set one up with them AND WHERE WOULD I VIEW THEM? Or could I have my e-mails from my contact forms sent to my yahoo address? I am new to all this as you can tell.

Comment

Originally posted by stoygordo View Post
            Ohhh thank you for the advice. But I don't understand everything about the contact forms much less embedding the e-mail. Since setting up a contact form would probably be easier right now, MY QUESTION IS, where would my e-mail go?? When Voda Host says they are offering lots of e-mail addresses with your acct (and I did sign up today) does that mean I can set one up with them AND WHERE WOULD I VIEW THEM? Or could I have my e-mails from my contact forms sent to my yahoo address? I am new to all this as you can tell.
            Well seems like all the info about e-mail is in the control panel so I'll wade through that. THANK YOU

Comment

yes, sorry, missed this .. but you can and probably already have set up your email addresses .. and you do so in control panel .. choose the beginning of your email address and follow it with your domain name ..

eg. ... contact@yourdomain.com or bill@yourdomain.com

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
              X