Any Advise Appreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Advise Appreciated

Hello. This is my first website and it has been very challenging for me. I know of 3 problems which need attention. 1). learning to hyperlink emails from pages 2). Sitemap verification 3). Metatags. Any advise is welcome on how to improve my site. Thank You

Blake
    site is www.samui411.com
    Last edited by kohdiver; 03-19-2009, 05:52 AM. Reason: Spelling

Re: Any Advise Appreciated

Hi Blake

I think the colours are nice and it all looks appealing.

The things I would change are:

1. Place title tags on every page
    2. Have more relevant title tags (
    eg. On your 'activities' page, it might be better to have Koh Tao | Koh Samui | snorkelling, swimming than your present title tage of 'things to do'
    3. Change the width of your pages to between 900 and 1000 px
    4. Not have separate pages opening
    5. Stick to one to three font colours - personally I find there are too many font colours eg. on your 'activities' page.
    6. Have a consistent menu - one that stays in the same place on every page. At the moment, there's no way of navigating around your website.
    It's especially hard because each of your homepage menu links opens a new page - so there is not even a 'back' button.

Goodluck :)

Comment

Not a bad website, I am actually considering a trip to Thailand next winter.

This would be a GREAT place to stay during my visit, I will surely keep it in mind.

On another note, the screen is too big. You want to keep the width to 900-985 or else many people may get a scroll bar at the bottom. That's a big no-no.

People don't like scrolling horizontally.
      Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Comment

Quite an investment you placed out there Blake. You gave me an idea how I could do the same back in the Philippines. Yap I agreed you expedite what the largest computer screen could accomodate as Robert so noticed. Mind as well work within the 950x900 range. In the overall aside from the size and the uniformity of the font, you did great for a starter (I was myself). Might be a good idea as well to provide a site map of the place. Say for example a marker laid at the map of Thailand at the estimated spot where you're villa stands (consider the 4 cardinal signs when pasting the map on your site). Best regards.

Comment

The screen are hopelessly to wide. Color scheme is fine. Try not to have to much color on your pages when it comes to fonts.

The contact page is almost like a circus. I know it makes things intresting etc, but it is quite irritating to the visitor.

And try to have a fixed menu on each page. It is frustrating to have the pages open on its own, and have to close it to return to the main menu.

But that is just my opinion.

Not to bad for a first website.

Success Regards
          Professional Photography Services Pretoria
          Advertising for South African Businesses

Comment

Working...
          X