Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website format appears different on different computers

Hello,
    I am in the process of building a website for a musician and recently published it. The site appears as I want it to on my computer, however, on other computers it appears differently. Sometimes the page is skewed to the right and you have to use scroll bars to view it all, where as on my computer you do not. Other times the page is even skewed right and partially cut off so that some of the text on the page is not visible. Does anyone know why this might be?

The link is www.coreycarlsonmusic.com

thanks,
    Chris

Re: Website format appears different on different computers

Being fairly new to this myself my guess part of the problem is the page is too wide and is being smushed on some screens due to the resolution setting. I believe the recommended width is around 900px which can be set in page properties.

Hope that helps some.
    Dan

Our SOHO built site

Comment

Originally posted by kmakpres View Post
      Being fairly new to this myself my guess part of the problem is the page is too wide and is being smushed on some screens due to the resolution setting. I believe the recommended width is around 900px which can be set in page properties.

Hope that helps some.
      Yes that is correct, actually 980 is about perfect to fit just about all monitors. Also you should always start building your pages in the left upper most part of the builder screen, then you can check center in browser so that it will show centered on larger monitors.
      Reguards
      Ed
      www.dsondesigns.com
      www.marseillesyouthsports.com
      www.300hitter.com
      www.bigjk.net
      How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

This might help!
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks so much for the help, ill try out the advice and see if it fixes the problem.

Comment

Working...
          X