Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .ie Web Hosting

Hello All,

Im looking at using VodaHost as my perferred Hosting Company.

I have a .ie (Ireland) domain name. and I would like to know

Can I move it to voda host and develop my own Web Site
    Will having it hosted by vodahost have an effect on my search engine listing
    Will I still be able to receive my e-mails from the same addresses that I have set up at the moment.

Thats all for the moment, thanks for your help in advance.

Regards

John

Re: .ie Web Hosting

Originally posted by John Byrne
    Hello All,

Im looking at using VodaHost as my perferred Hosting Company.

I have a .ie (Ireland) domain name. and I would like to know

Can I move it to voda host and develop my own Web Site
    Will having it hosted by vodahost have an effect on my search engine listing
    Will I still be able to receive my e-mails from the same addresses that I have set up at the moment.

Thats all for the moment, thanks for your help in advance.

Regards

John
    1. You can move to Vodahost. Absolutely no effect on SE listing.
    2. If you already have a domain name type xxxxx.ie and you transfer, you only need to set up the same email accounts you already have, in your Vodahost domain and you will receive your emails as you did till now.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

john

a word of warning. be careful when you change the email settings for your existing domain listing.

I have a .ie domain for email and went to link it to a .com website that I am setting up. Whoops! I crashed the entire email for my company and it took two days for it to get back up and running. Thankfully I am one of the bosses so I gave out to myself !

I have left the .ie as is for the moment so email is fine and when I have the .com website finalised I will brave trying to mobve the .ie

Other than that to date I have been delighted with Vodahost, Vodahost domains and I am sure you will be equally delighted in due course.

Their vodablue website builder is superb for people who have good basic computer skills but no website building skills.

As the Ronseal ad said "it does what it says on the tin"

You will find useful stuff in the search function of the forum where people will probably have asked any question you have before. If not there are many people who provide help free gratis. One of the best is Naval Design who answered your query above. He has superb knowledge and as an aside does not seem to sleep at all as he seems to be answering questions at all time of the day and night.

- enjoy !

Comment

Originally posted by RPW
        john

a word of warning. be careful when you change the email settings for your existing domain listing.

I have a .ie domain for email and went to link it to a .com website that I am setting up. Whoops! I crashed the entire email for my company and it took two days for it to get back up and running. Thankfully I am one of the bosses so I gave out to myself !

I have left the .ie as is for the moment so email is fine and when I have the .com website finalised I will brave trying to mobve the .ie

Other than that to date I have been delighted with Vodahost, Vodahost domains and I am sure you will be equally delighted in due course.

Their vodablue website builder is superb for people who have good basic computer skills but no website building skills.

As the Ronseal ad said "it does what it says on the tin"

You will find useful stuff in the search function of the forum where people will probably have asked any question you have before. If not there are many people who provide help free gratis. One of the best is Naval Design who answered your query above. He has superb knowledge and as an aside does not seem to sleep at all as he seems to be answering questions at all time of the day and night.

- enjoy !
        Hi, if i understand well, John wants to transfer his whole domain with the email accounts he already has in that domain name. If he tansfers he has no otion but to set up again the same accounts in his Voda account. In your case things were different: you redirected the .ie mail accounts to another, and things got mixed up with MX entries. That happened to me too in the past, when my italian ISP stopped receiving emails form third party servers without notification, and for 3 days ***** was getting crazy to finf out what caused that (Thanks *****)

And thanks for the compliments.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Guys,

Naval, I think you have it right, I want to move the whole domain to Vodahost, thus getting one bill from them and being able to manage all of my web presence with them. I need to be sure that I can take my Domain pristineclean.ie and move it from my existing Hosting company in Ireland to Vodahost and also move my e-mail accounts john@pristineclean.ie and info@pristineclean.ie over to vodahost and still be able to advertise them to my prospective customers.

If I can do this I can save myself hundreds of euro in web site development costs, I have the guts of my new web site ready to go after working on it in BlueVoda for the past few days.

From you post Naval, I dont understand how to transferr it, What is an SE listing. Can you point me in the right direction to get it done.

Thanks again for your help.

Thanks

John

Comment

Thanks Guys,

Naval, I think you have it right, I want to move the whole domain to Vodahost, thus getting one bill from them and being able to manage all of my web presence with them. I need to be sure that I can take my Domain pristineclean.ie and move it from my existing Hosting company in Ireland to Vodahost and also move my e-mail accounts john@pristineclean.ie and info@pristineclean.ie over to vodahost and still be able to advertise them to my prospective customers.

If I can do this I can save myself hundreds of euro in web site development costs, I have the guts of my new web site ready to go after working on it in BlueVoda for the past few days.

From you post Naval, I dont understand how to transferr it, What is an SE listing. Can you point me in the right direction to get it done.

Thanks again for your help.

Thanks

John
            Yes, if your email accounts are on the domain name that you will transfer, you can move and have your emails excactly as they were. When signing up with Vodahost, choose the "I will transfer" option. Then you must enter your CP in your registrar company, and point your name servers to the vodahost ones. You will receive full instruction in your welcome mail when you signup. Please note that 24 - 48 hours are necessary for the DNS change to propagate on the net. Once you signup and your account has been activated, you must create the same email accounts as the ones you already have, in your odahost CP.

SE listings = Search Engine listings
            Navaldesign

Comment

Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant,

Thanks for your help again, I look forward to getting it all up and running.

Regards

John

Comment

Hi Guys...I just saw this thread....You can not transfer a .ie domain name
                to VodaHost. .ie domains are heavily regulated by the the Irish Gov. and they
                don't like them leaving Irish soil....But what you can do which accomplishes
                the exact same thing is switch your name server to ours......When you sign
                up we will send you a welcome letter with two sets of name servers that
                look like the below.....

ns7.vodahost.com
                ns8.vodahost.com

Just call the company where you purchased your domain and tell them
                you want to point your .ie domain to the above....It will take them 2-3
                seconds to make the change for you.

If they provided you with sometype of domain management conrol panel
                (like we do with VodaHost Domains) You can log on and make the switch
                on your own. Just look for something that says DNS or nameservers.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

***** has clarified a nonsense post of mine. Indeed i talked about transfer, but indicated the way to "point" to vodahost. Thanks *****
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks again, I Will get this sorted later.

Regards

John

Comment

Just thought of another question, What effect will this have on my e-mails. Will they still be managed by my existing hosting company.

Thanks

John

Comment

Just thought of another question, What effect will this have on my e-mails. Will they still be managed by my existing hosting company.

Thanks

John
                        If your email accounts are on the domain www.pristineclean.ie you will be pointing in Vodahost, f.e. john@pristineclean.ie and info@pristineclean.ie they will be managed by your account in Vodahost. If they are emails provided by third parties, they will remain as they are.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks NavalDesign.

JB

Comment

You are welcome
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                            X