Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email dumbness!

OK, so I'm really stuck on this!
    I have a VH account so Cpanel is all there.
    I've watched the tutorial on Email setup & (I think!) I followed the instructions.
    Now, on my "contact" page I want to have a david@mydomain.net address (the same as I set up in Cpanel. How do I make all this work? Is there some 'linking' I must do somewhere? Sorry, but totally dumb in some things!!
    david
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Re: Email dumbness!

Okay, if you have set up your email address in cpanel sounds like your mail addy will work ..now remember, you will check this email via webmail, right in cpanel ..or you can forward to another email address that you can check on your desktop .. there are various ways of retrieving that mail ...

We always recommend adding a contact form to your website, this protects your email address. If you want to add your email address directly onto your website it is best not to add the link to it directly .. just type it on the page .. now if you do want that email address to link you can encrypt that email address .. here is a tutorial to

encrypt your email address

.. and you can read reasons why you might want to do that there as well ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Email dumbness!

Tks so much...I don't know if I fully understand it all yet, but for sure it's sound advice not to have a directly accessible Email actually on the site. I like very much what Alien??** did & when I finish with my background work I'll play with all that. (I must say that this web-building stuff is a little addictive, what?)
      So, have a good evening....I'm in Germany so...... :)
      david
      Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Working...
      X