No announcement yet.

I can not publish to my add on domain.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can not publish to my add on domain.

Hi:

I have a second domain registerd at Yahoo that I since changed the DNS to Blue Voda. I published my site and I still can not see anything but the parked page from Yahoo.

Has Yahoo not changed the DNS? How long does it usually take?

Much thanks! Great website, great software. I always wanted to get on the internet and it was not as bad as I thought! Thanks again!

Dil

Re: I can not publish to my add on domain.

Originally posted by mommytiger
    Hi:

I have a second domain registerd at Yahoo that I since changed the DNS to Blue Voda. I published my site and I still can not see anything but the parked page from Yahoo.

Has Yahoo not changed the DNS? How long does it usually take?

Much thanks! Great website, great software. I always wanted to get on the internet and it was not as bad as I thought! Thanks again!

Dil

Please let us know your domain name so we can check it
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

The domain name registered with VodaHost is:
      www.redlinedental.com. The domain name registered with Yahoo is www.3six0design.com.

Much thanks,

Dil

Comment

Sorry, I don't know the exact protocol. Here is the information you asked for:

1) Domain Name (or a link to the EXACT problem page). www.3six0design.com and www.redlinedental.com

2) Full Name. Dilshad Hirji
        3) VodaHost Customer I.D. 5302
        4) A complete a detailed description of the problem. As above
        5) If you have open support tickets on the topic. Please provide the ticket ID's for reference Haven't done that yet.

Much thanks in advance

Comment

Sorry, I don't know the exact protocol. Here is the information you asked for:

1) Domain Name (or a link to the EXACT problem page). www.3six0design.com and www.redlinedental.com

2) Full Name. Dilshad Hirji
          3) VodaHost Customer I.D. 5302
          4) A complete a detailed description of the problem. As above
          5) If you have open support tickets on the topic. Please provide the ticket ID's for reference Haven't done that yet.

Much thanks in advance
          Is 3six0design.com an addon domain in your main, redinedental.com account ?

I'm asking because 3six0design is pointed on ns1 and ns2 (vodahost) whilst your main account is on ns7 and ns 8. If it is an addon domain on your main account, you should enter your Yahoo cp and set the nameservers in ns7.vodahost.com and ns8.vodahost.com.

Also i can see thay when i go to your main account, www.redinedental.com the index of your public_html folder comes up. There, i can see the 3osixdesign folder, and i can also see that you have published an Index page. Change that to index (lowercase i) otherwise even after pointing to the correct servers, your site will not be accessible.

If it wasn't you but the yahoo personel that changed the DNS for you, give them a call and let them know that they should change the dns to ns7 and ns8 . After the change has taken place, it takes aprox. 24 - 48 hours for the dns to propagate through the net
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

PLEASE SEE MY COMMENTS IN BOLD/CAPITALS.

Originally posted by navaldesign
            Is 3six0design.com an addon domain in your main, redinedental.com account ?

www.redlinedental is the main account.
            www.3six0design.com is the add on domain.

I'm asking because 3six0design is pointed on ns1 and ns2 (vodahost) whilst your main account is on ns7 and ns 8. If it is an addon domain on your main account, you should enter your Yahoo cp and set the nameservers in ns7.vodahost.com and ns8.vodahost.com.

I already did that yesterday afternoon, after I realized that. HOW CAN YOU TELL IN THE CONTROL PANEL THAT 3SIX0DESIGN IS POINTED ON NS1 AND NS2?

Also i can see thay when i go to your main account, www.redinedental.com the index of your public_html folder comes up. There, i can see the 3osixdesign folder, and i can also see that you have published an Index page. Change that to index (lowercase i) otherwise even after pointing to the correct servers, your site will not be accessible.

Thank you for letting me know this.
            I ALSO CREATED A NEW FOLDER (PUBLIC_HTML) IN THE 3SIX0DESIGN FOLDER TO PUBLISH THE WEBSITE. IS THIS THE CORRECT WAY TO DO THIS? DO YOU ALSO MORE SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO SET UP THE ADD ON DOMAIN AND PUBLISH ITS WEBSITE? I HAVE ALREADY DONE ALL YOUR VIDEO TUTORIALS.

If it wasn't you but the yahoo personel that changed the DNS for you, give them a call and let them know that they should change the dns to ns7 and ns8 . After the change has taken place, it takes aprox. 24 - 48 hours for the dns to propagate through the net
            THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

[/quote]

Comment

PLEASE SEE MY COMMENTS IN BOLD/CAPITALS.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
              [/quote]

Hi, no, you don't need a public_html folder indide the 3six0design folder. In addon domains, the browser is being directed at the main (3six0design) folder, and it is there that you have to publish your pages. To publish there, in the popup window of BV type in the Folder filed: "public_html/3six0design". That's all. In your CP there is information about your actual server. But to see that it was pointed at ns3 and 4 i went to "whois"
              Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks for you reply.

I have fixed the above problems. The whois is now set to ns7 and ns8. However, I now get a blank screen when I log on to www.3six0design.com. What is up?

Much thanks in advance.

Dil

Comment

I see your site just fine. Clear your cache and try again.
                  My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Hi Racefan:

Thanks for the help. I did clear my cache (looked up in google for what that means by the way!), and I get directed to Google with site:www.3six0design.com in the search box or I get the internet explore error page, "this page cannot be displayed". I went to another computer to view the website, but still got the same messages.

I want to know what you are doing? (By the way, I followed the link you have at the bottom of your signature and it was cute!)

Thanks again for your help.

Dil

www.3six0design.com (coming soon to an internet near you)

Comment

Your site is there, even the Symbiosis music file.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                        Your site is there, even the Symbiosis music file.
                        Hi again:

Thanks for helping!!!!

I have now gone to my third computer and I still keep getting the same error messages as above. For clearing the cache, I went to the tools in my Internet Explorer, and then deleted all the temporary internet files (including offline content).

Are you going directly to www.3six0design.com ? If I go to redlinedental.com and then go the folder 3six0design.com, then I do see the website. However, as an add on domain, shouldn't I be able to go directly to www.3six0design.com and see the website?

One other question , and maybe I should post this as another thread, but having used all the different computers, all three have different sizes for the website. Is there anyway I can standardize this? As per the forum search when I did it, some threads mentioned to have a page the size 800 x 600 and that would be adequate. My page size is set at 860 x 613.

On another note, my laptop has the widescreen (14") and most of the websites listed on this forum that I have gone to, (including yours) don't load up correctly. I have not had this problem with other websites across the internet. Any ways to battle this or I should I just call it quits today and it is about 10:30 a.m. Toronto, Canada time here?

By the way, I was in Italy about ten years ago and absolutely fell in love!

Grazie and Ciao,

Dil

Comment

Hi again:

Thanks for helping!!!!

I have now gone to my third computer and I still keep getting the same error messages as above. For clearing the cache, I went to the tools in my Internet Explorer, and then deleted all the temporary internet files (including offline content).

Are you going directly to www.3six0design.com ? If I go to redlinedental.com and then go the folder 3six0design.com, then I do see the website. However, as an add on domain, shouldn't I be able to go directly to www.3six0design.com and see the website?

One other question , and maybe I should post this as another thread, but having used all the different computers, all three have different sizes for the website. Is there anyway I can standardize this? As per the forum search when I did it, some threads mentioned to have a page the size 800 x 600 and that would be adequate. My page size is set at 860 x 613.

On another note, my laptop has the widescreen (14") and most of the websites listed on this forum that I have gone to, (including yours) don't load up correctly. I have not had this problem with other websites across the internet. Any ways to battle this or I should I just call it quits today and it is about 10:30 a.m. Toronto, Canada time here?

By the way, I was in Italy about ten years ago and absolutely fell in love!

Grazie and Ciao,

Dil
                          Hi Dil,

i'm going to www.3six=design.com directly.

The meaning of making your screen 800 pixels wide is to avoid horizontal scrolling for visitors who have a 800x600 monitor. Nowdays most monitors are 1024 x 768, and many sites are changing their pages to 1024 width. This forum and other sites use resizable templates to fit the visitors screen, but that's something you can't do in BV. 800 width (no matter the height, vertical scrolling is acceptable) should fit well in any monitor
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Why can't I go to it directly???? And that is in not one but all three computers???? Am I going crazy? Help

Dil

Comment

Why can't I go to it directly???? And that is in not one but all three computers???? Am I going crazy? Help

Dil
                              Go in your page directly, the press F5 5 - 6 times. See if it refreshes. Also try clicking on www.3six0design.com
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X