Please Help Re: Password Protect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help Re: Password Protect

Please help, I'm on day 3 trying to figure this out. I have watch these videos so many times my eyes are spinning. I have cleared out my cache. I'm using a second laptop to check my work by. I created a file in FTP Blue. I put my page into the file. I renamed the file “index” in FTP Blue. I went to c panel and created a password protected directory(brokerlogin). I go back to Blue Voda an publish the page as:
    public_html/brokerlogin/index.html and it will not let me publish it. I think the issue is in the above. The page I have changed from “brokerdocs” to “index” was changed in FTP Blue as Blue Voda wll not let me have a second index page. I'm sure that I'm missing somthing right before my eyes. I'm not trying to be a pain in the ..., but fatigue is setting in and I'm not a young man anymore. Can anyone please help me?
    Thank you
    Chris (tigotrader)

Re: Please Help Re: Password Protect

You would just publish your page named index to public_html/brokerlogin/
    Each directory/folder can have 1 index page. So in this case you are publishing a 2nd index page to the brokerlogin directory/folder.The Internet will look for the index page in every folder it visits as the 1st priority. So you can just have the url to this page as www.mysite.com/brokerlogin/
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

That sounds to easy, I'll give it try!
      Thank you

Comment

It did allow me to publish it that way, but pasword protect is not working I'm getting a broken link message when I click on the link. any ideas?

Comment

I got it!
          Thank you, I can sleep now WaaaaaaaaaaaHoooooooooo!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X