Linking my pages to Index

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linking my pages to Index

Hello- I hope I am putting this in the right forum.
    I am have a terrible time trying to link my pages together! I opened a support ticket and did as they asked me to and still I cannot get them to work properly.
    Can someone take a look at my pages and tell me where I am going wrong?
    My website address is www.simplepleasuresmanicuring.com, the pages are about us, services and contact us.
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
    Tami

Re: Linking my pages to Index

You have the beginning of the links correct using your domain name. However, you have your aboutus page linked as '.../aboutus.index. Should be to '.../aboutus.html. That is if you published the pages as .html. Open each page and look at page properties and see what file extension you have. The Contact page must be .php if you used a form on it.
    Double check also the exact names you used when you saved each page. For example: aboutus or about_us or about-us --and remember all lower case letters and no spaces.
    Make the links exactly as the page names are and should work. If not let us know the page names.

I assume you have published those pages?
    Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
    Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
    Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

Thanks for your help Jerry. I have gone in and checked all my links. I have changed and republished my about us page. Saved and republished the other pages and still I cannot go from page to page without an OOPS. I have been trying this for almost a week now and I just don't get what I'm missing.
      Any other suggestions?

Comment

Sorry Jerry- the other page names are about us, services and the contact us page I di not use a form to create.
        Thanks again for your help!
        Tami

Comment

Tami,

Open your about us page and contact us page in BV, save them as about_us and contact_us and republish. Page names should be all lower case letters with no spaces - use an underscore to separate words.

Then links to your Home page would be http://www.simplepleasuresmanicuring.com

Links to your About Us page would be
          http://www.simplepleasuresmanicuring.com/about_us.html

You published your Services page as 'Services' with a capital S. Change that to 'services'. Your link would then be
          http://www.simplepleasuresmanicuring.com/services.html

Links to your Contact Us page would be
          http://www.simplepleasuresmanicuring.com/contact_us.html

Try that
          Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts

Comment

Jerry- One more thing- the URL's to my home page from the other pages should not be .com/index.html?
            Tami

Comment

Nope....plain old .com for your index/home page.
              CarbonTerry
              Semper Fi
              Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
              Zone 5 Photo
              My USMC

Comment

I see you are still having problems?? Have you published all pages??
                There is probably an error with the way you are saving the pages.
                contact_us
                about_us
                services
                That's how the page(s) should be named and saved. You do not add anything after the name.
                No .bvp
                No .html

The BV software will add the extension automatically.
                CarbonTerry
                Semper Fi
                Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                Zone 5 Photo
                My USMC

Comment

Hi Carbon Terry,
                  just a matter of curiosity: I linked all my pages back to home with mydomain.net/index.html - you're saying the /index.html is not necessary?
                  Is what I'm doing actually incorrect, then?
                  david
                  Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Ahimsa, no need to use the 'index.html' for your home page - just the .com.

Tami,
                    I see your About Us page is still named "AboutUs". Did you save it again as about_us and then publish it again? I do not see 'about_us' but I do see 'About Us'.
                    Your Services page is still named 'Services'
                    I don't see your Contact Us page at all.

The links themselves look good - except you still have 'index.html' for Home - but your pages are not named EXACTLY as you show in the links. You have to realize that Contact and contact are not the same. The pages must be lower case and no spaces. If you did save the pages with lower case letters and no spaces, you did not publish them. I cannot find them with the lower case names.
                    Do you have more than one domain? If so, you might be publishing to the wrong domain.
                    Open your pages in BV again, and double-check and then triple-check the names as shown in the blue bar at the top of the page. If it doesn't read all lower case with no spaces, you haven't changed the names. It will probably read '.bvp' but disregard that. You save it only as 'services' and BV adds the .bvp to the name - you do not.
                    Hang in there - you'll get it yet.
                    Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts

Comment

Working...
                    X