Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Rebuilt! Feedback requested.

Hello everyone,

My previous site had some major issues so I had to rebuild my website from scratch.

It's a design site with the theme of building and is sort of industrial (as per the colours and use of tools). I also wanted it to look busy, content rich but still keep it's theme.

I would like your feedback.

The metatags and such have not been completed for each page. Services and FAQ pages are not completed yet.

I would like to know if you find any spelling mistakes, broken links, or problems. Also I would like to know your overall thoughts.
    Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Re: Site Rebuilt! Feedback requested.

Hi, the lay out & pages look fine.
    I know you are looking for the industrial look, but i think it looks a little to industrial to the stage of looking a bit drab. Sorry!
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I like the layout but the colors are too bland, boring, depressing. I would rethink the color choices but leave the layout.
      Reguards
      Ed
      www.dsondesigns.com
      www.marseillesyouthsports.com
      www.300hitter.com
      www.bigjk.net
      How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Thanks guys, for confirming something that I already thought. I am going to play around with the color scheme and try to brighten it up. Does seem a bit dark.
        Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Comment

Great job Robert! You are a designer in your own right. If I should be reminded of a 4 year old child prodigy painter acclaimed by the world over, there's no room for me to criticize your work. There you are aged by the trade and applying all techniques gained through years of experience. Godspeed, mate.

Best regards,

Demet Wilfred Flores

Comment

Thanks Demet,

But I take criticism very constructively and I am never satisfied with my own work. So I love hearing criticism, because it makes me better. I like praise too because it lets me know that I am on the right trial.

Actually, I have only began building websites and using design tools for about 2 months now =P No years of experience here.

I have changed the home page, could I please have some feedback on the change. Is it better now?

If so I will change the rest of the website to match, if not.. I will keep at it.
            Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Comment

Personally i am having a nightmare but i like the look of your website. I would buy from it. Yes it looks busy but it looks like a site you could trust if you know what i mean?

Comment

Hi Robert,
                just took a quick peek & this is only my personal opinion but I'm having my own problems in setting up a contact us page & checking everyone else's!!

on your contact us page I clicked "send" without any info in the boxes & got a "Congratulations! We are successful"...so 1st comment: How can it be called success when no info was submitted? 2nd. comment: "WE" are ... how about "YOU WERE successful"?

1 more small thing that VH might appreciate: on your link to them their website is almost impossible to read it's so dark!

Call me a nit-picker, but you asked for feedback lol
                david
                Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Hi Robert,

I think the colors and design are great dont change anything.
                  www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                  Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                  State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Robert, your new logo is nice which reminds me of watdaflip's avatar. What about giving that gear movement. Well on your own time if you could. It will give the impression that Dynamic Logo Studios design engine just keeps on going. Count me in for the logo contest, give me a theme of the design and I could email some of mine. Best regards.

Comment

I really like this site. Once the landing page loads I got a sense of style. Looks very nice. I wouldn't change to much on this if anything, especially the color scheme- It works!

Comment

Thanks for all your feedback I really appreciate it.

I tried to tell the form to only accept certain data before successful submission, but it doesn't seem to care. I went into the boxes and told it to validate an email address and text for the name yet it still goes to successful when nothing is entered. Anyone know how to fix this?

That was a good idea about the cog rotating and putting it as a .gif I am going to try that.

Also some of the mentioned editing were good suggestions, and I am going to fix them right away. Also, I am going to match the rest of the pages with the home page, since it seems to be better.

Thanks again and if anyone knows about the contact forms please let me know.
                        Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Comment

Ah! Thats looking a bit brighter from the 1st one.
                          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Hylith View Post
                            Thanks for all your feedback I really appreciate it.

I tried to tell the form to only accept certain data before successful submission, but it doesn't seem to care. I went into the boxes and told it to validate an email address and text for the name yet it still goes to successful when nothing is entered. Anyone know how to fix this?

That was a good idea about the cog rotating and putting it as a .gif I am going to try that.

Also some of the mentioned editing were good suggestions, and I am going to fix them right away. Also, I am going to match the rest of the pages with the home page, since it seems to be better.

Thanks again and if anyone knows about the contact forms please let me know.
                            Like the colors much better, subtile change but much better.

As for your form you have a space in the form name (no spaces allowed, breaks the validation) I would also suggest naming each text box so that when you get the emails they make sense and when the user gets the error message they receive more than "enter a value for edit box 1", who is going to know what edit box 1 is?
                            Reguards
                            Ed
                            www.dsondesigns.com
                            www.marseillesyouthsports.com
                            www.300hitter.com
                            www.bigjk.net
                            How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Thanks Ed, I appreciate all the comments and help.

Many of you are valuable assets to the VodaHost forum.
                              Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Comment

Working...
                              X