what password to use when publishing an added domain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what password to use when publishing an added domain

Hi, I have bought a new domain name from BV, i have also transferred it and paid the $9.9 and hopefully added it.
    When publishing pages to the second site, which password do you use? The original password for the original website or the one generated when you add the new domain name?

Also something about a domain name being 60 days old??

Honestly guys, I am ow wondering whether it is better just to get a new site altogether, this adding on is NOT simplae at all.
    I am so afraid it will tamper with my existing pages of site one.

Re: what password to use when publishing an added domain

Hi,

If you buy your domain name from other sellers and not Vodahost and you now need to transfer the name to your VodaHost hosting account you can only do the transfer after a mandatory waiting period of 60 days. This applies to new domain name purchases.

You have to login first to your cPanel so you have to use your Login password provided in your welcome letter, unless of course if you had change your password then you use the new password..
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hi , thank you for your reply. whew the 60 days was a relief.

my dilemma about the password is not in the login, it is when I will publish the index page or any other page of the added domain (or the second website if you like) which password do I use?

Comment

The same password given to you by VodaHost in your welcome letter unless if you had changed it to something else?.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

thank you for your help and I dont mean to push on but there are many questions for someone who has not done this before

what is the password that is generated when you add the domain? what is that used for if it is not for login is it for ftp login?

also when publishing a page of the added domain where it says
          folder: public.html/site2 the "site2" is is literal or the name of your site or what exactly?

Comment

The password generated is for access to the directory used by that domain. You can use that if you want, but the original password you were emailed when you purchased your hosting account is more of a global password for your website.. a skeleton key of sorts

Register/Login Script
            Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

username and password is the same for all your domains in your one voda hosting account as watdaflip explains..

in answer to your question about where it is you publish to ..you publish to the actual add on domain name ..not site 2

so if you added on ladyeye.net you would publish to public_html/ladyeye.net

you need to physically type this in the publishing box after public_html

also, remember, every domain needs its own index page .. so on your own computer, in documents/bluevoda - create a folder for this domain to save your .bvp files you create in blue voda, since some pages will have the same names, this will prevent overwriting any exisiting ones you do have ...

also for future reference, if you did purchase a domain elsewhere, other than at voda host, you can merely point this domain to your voda hosting servers - don't worry about the 60 days,you can always still use the domain - the 60 days is only for a domain transfer to another host or to another person ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

thanks lady eye! this is the second time that you come to my rescue!
                the previous one was when you recommended pixerciser and it really works!!

cheers!!

Comment

Hi i just purchased a domain name from a nother site ,,Can i link it here ,,,I have made a web site on bv, I don,t want hosting yet just want to avertise my self,on surf sites ,,,i,am realy new at this,,AND I HOPE THIS ISNT STUPED ???

Comment

You will have to have a VH account for your BV pages to work properly on the web.
                    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
                      You will have to have a VH account for your BV pages to work properly on the web.

If i get a bv account, Can i still use my domain name that i got from a nother site, And if so how do i link it here,thanks for the guick reply.

Comment

Originally posted by nadiabodikian View Post
                        thanks lady eye! this is the second time that you come to my rescue!
                        the previous one was when you recommended pixerciser and it really works!!

cheers!!
                        yw ... glad you are getting sorted ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by bull_dog998 View Post
                          If i get a bv account, Can i still use my domain name that i got from a nother site, And if so how do i link it here,thanks for the guick reply.

Yes you can, order your voda hosting account with your existing domain name ..you also have a choice to transfer this domain to voda hosting at no cost, or you could opt instead to receive a free domain name as well .. both are choices when you sign up for voda hosting.

If you choose a free domain name and want to leave your existing domain name at your current domain registrar, you can instead point this domain to your voda hosted servers - that server information will be emailed to you in your welcome email once you purchase your voda hosting account ..

so either way - you are covered and we look forward to you joining the best web hosting on the internet ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                          X