Want To Redirect a Website To only show my url

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want To Redirect a Website To only show my url

Hi! I am considering making a purchase with a software developer. The portal that they will be designing for me will show their url. Before I make a purchase with them I would like to know if there is anyway I can have my url appear when others connect to this portion that will be integrated with my website. I have attached the communication that I have had with them to further detail what I am trying to do, and if it could be done with Vodahost.

Communication Details:

Me: I left a message yesterday, I just have one more question before I sign up. Please get back to me ASAP. I just need to know if I were to purchase the premium package would your name be part of the Url?
    Or, can I have my own individual URL. I want my customers to link to my online training solution and only see my name in the URL as well as the website.
    Is this possible. I would like to get started today if it is.

Them: With our Premium product, your URL will begin with www.wellnessengine.com.

If you only want your URL to show, then you may be able to do that through a redirect. We cannot assist you with that. It is something you would have to work with your hosting company on.

We have other members who have their own domain and accomplish this by working with their hosting company.

Is this possible? Please get back to me asap. I must know prior to making a purchase.

Thank you.

client id# 27251

Re: Want To Redirect a Website To only show my url

The only way you can do this is to purchase a domain name and then REDIRECT it to the www.whatevertheyhave dot com. Once the customer is there.. it will reflect THEIR URL. The only way not to have this occur is to LINK their site via an iframe on yours. With that said.. not all of their application may WORK correctly within the iframe.

There is the possibility of doing it thru the domain registrar .. thru CNAME records etc.. but thats a complicated mess.. and youd have to put in a support ticket with voda to see if they can do it.. or your domain registrar.. which might be one and the same.... im not sure that you wouldnt need their cname records to accomplish this and it doesnt sound like they are going to give those to you else.. you could just DOMAIN your acct there.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

You can do it with .htaccess. You can have a certain url do kind of an internal redirect to another page. I don't have the code, but a google search should produce some results.

You could also just have a frame set at 100% width and height, although that would probably kill your SE rating, but that's about the only other alternative I can think of

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

cpanel redirect does the htacess.. so no code needed.. but it still wont make the site in question display the url that she wants it to
        Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I was not referring to a simple redirect provided in cpanel. With htaccess you can have it display a different page then the one requested without actually redirecting to that page.

The amount of functionality cpanel provides using htaccess doesn't scratch the surface of what is possible

Register/Login Script
          Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

LOL.. YES CHRIS .. I know.. the issue is.. she wants the other hosts site to reflect her url.. and it wont do that once it gets there.. it will display theirs.. and they dont allow her to domain their site.

All she needs is simple redirection

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
            X