Background Not Fitting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background Not Fitting?

Hi! I am trying to design my own website & i just want to use a image for my background. my page properties is set to 800x600 as well as my background image but when i go to preview it, it is 'tiled' & you can see the picture more than once. also i have my logo & buttons lined up all the way to the left and when i preview there is atleast an inch from the left & top? please help!

Re: Background Not Fitting?

The background will have the tendency to get tiled. unless you use a uniform color (like blue). It will appear all blue and white if otherwise.

Comment

Re: Background Not Fitting?

Originally posted by southern View Post
      Hi! I am trying to design my own website & i just want to use a image for my background. my page properties is set to 800x600 as well as my background image but when i go to preview it, it is 'tiled' & you can see the picture more than once. also i have my logo & buttons lined up all the way to the left and when i preview there is atleast an inch from the left & top? please help!
      Insert your image as an image instead .. do not insert it via page properties .. this way your image will stay at '800 x '600 .. center in browser .. be sure your image is not too heavy for your website page .. try and keep this very image down to around 50 - 75 kbs itself .. if it is larger than that - take the image to an online image optimizer, one can be found at dynamic drive for your convenience and free use .. apply a solid color as your background via page properties .. center in browser ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
      X