Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background colour and page naming

2 questions please

1st I can get all my pages to have a background colour apart from my index or first page

2nd My index page says it is untitled when viewed on the web (bottom of screen) but the other pages have the name of the page in the tab at the bottom of the screen

I have checked page properties and can find no difference in the settings of the pages with colour and names to the index page

Can any one point me in the right direction?

Cheers

Scott
    www.dargdaffin.co.uk

Re: Background colour and page naming

Originally posted by scottaforbes@gmail.com

2 questions please

1st I can get all my pages to have a background colour apart from my index or first page

2nd My index page says it is untitled when viewed on the web (bottom of screen) but the other pages have the name of the page in the tab at the bottom of the screen

I have checked page properties and can find no difference in the settings of the pages with colour and names to the index page

Cheers

Scott
    Please upload the URLs so we can have a look.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

My web site www.dargdaffin.co.uk is up and running it is the first page that you come to when clicking this link that I am talking about the other pages (that I have completed) are OK

Thanks for taking the time to look

Cheers

Scott
      www.dargdaffin.co.uk

Comment

Here is your problem:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
        <HTML>
        <HEAD>
        <META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
        <TITLE>Untitled Page</TITLE>
        <META name="GENERATOR" content="Created by BlueVoda">
        </HEAD>
        <BODY bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
        <DIV style="position:absolute;left:203px;top:20px;width :499px;height:16px;z-index:0" align="center">

</DIV>
        </BODY>
        </HTML><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
        <HTML>
        <HEAD>
        <META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
        <TITLE>Index</TITLE>
        <META name="AUTHOR" content="Scott A Forbes">
        <META name="KEYWORDS" content=" dog training, dargdaffin, shooting, ">
        <META name="DESCRIPTION" content="North East Scotland gun dog training. Puppies and trained dogs, Labradors and Spanials">
        <META name="GENERATOR" content="Created by BlueVoda">
        <STYLE type="text/css">
        a.style1:link {color: #0000FF;text-decoration: underline;}
        a.style1:visited {color: #800080;text-decoration: underline;}
        a.style1:active {color: #FF0000;text-decoration: underline;}
        a.style1:hover {color: #0000FF;text-decoration: underline;}
        </STYLE>
        </HEAD>
        <BODY bgcolor="#CEFFF8" text="#000000">

You have probably copied / pasted part of the code of another page, and so you have two different definitions of the Body color. That's why you cannot change the colour : the second definition is the one you have copied / pasted and doesn't change through page properties
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

2 questions please

Cheers

Scott
          Hi.. scott, i am not sure i can help but i will try, i think yes you can have a different background color for every page in your site, you can change the background color from page properties, just click on a blanck part of your page + page properties + background, here you can set a different background for every page, as some other options too like text color and style links...

Regarding your index page i suggest you to check everything again, your index page must be named just (index) and no (index.html), lower case letters, if something is wrong change the name of the page to index and save it again and republish it, clear your buffer and try again..

Comment

Ok Many thanks - not sure how I did that

Are you saying if I remove the 2nd code (<BODY bgcolor="#CEFFF8" text="#000000">) then all should be ok and if so how do i edit my html. I have loked at it under right click but it does not allow me to edit the code only look at it

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Scott
            www.dargdaffin.co.uk

Comment

Ok Many thanks - not sure how I did that

Are you saying if I remove the 2nd code (<BODY bgcolor="#CEFFF8" text="#000000">) then all should be ok and if so how do i edit my html. I have loked at it under right click but it does not allow me to edit the code only look at it

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Scott
              Look at the page html. You have inserted it in the Start of page Tag. So when you go to page html, click on Start of page, and it should appear in the window. Just delete it from there
              Navaldesign

Comment

Hi Julia

Thanks for pitching in. As you will see from this thread that it is a problem with my HTML code as far as the colour is concerned

I have tried your answer for the page naming but still IE say that it is a untitled page in the tab at the bottom of the page

Good fun all this learning

Cheers

Scott
                www.dargdaffin.co.uk

Comment

But you have named your page? Go in Page properties, and in the field named Title put your page name. Attention: Page name is different from the name you save your page. You save it as "index" but name it f.e.

"Dargdaffin Homepage"
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks for the further information. The colour change has now worked so big pat on the back for that one

However the name is still a problem

I have saved the page as index as that is what I was told at the start but under page Props I have given it the title of dargdaffin home page - previous to that I had the title "index" however it should have come up as "index" but only ever untitled page

Having looked in HTML (as you taught me) I can see it says Title untitled page title however i can not seem to find that part in the html editor section so I can not change it

You must be getting fed up by now!

Cheers

Scott
                    www.dargdaffin.co.uk

Comment

Well that's some kind of conflict or something. Let's try tricking it:

copy the line :

<TITLE>Dargdaffin home page </TITLE>

Go to page htmk, click on Between Head Tag

and paste this line. Publish so we can see.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Sorry, i didn't see it before. You haven't deleted all the code in the Start of Page tag. That's why it still gets untitled
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Ok done that - sorry to say no change

is there a time lage between publishing and seeing the new page?
                          www.dargdaffin.co.uk

Comment

Ok done that - sorry to say no change

is there a time lage between publishing and seeing the new page?
                            Scott, do you have some html box in your page with code in it ? because that code still comes up
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Cross posting - ok deleted it and added the html - I think it will work - 1 moment

YES AND YES

Thank you

Beers on me

Cheers

Scott
                              www.dargdaffin.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X