password protect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• password protect

I know this is a subject often brought up...
    I have quite a few pages now on my site and now I want to password protect them all... I do understand I can't do each page individually but create a new directory etc... I've read and watched tutorials but I have no idea what to do ...can someone please give me simple instructions.
    Basically I want anything to do with www.happilybored.com to be only viewed by family and friends...is it possible?
    Thanks
    Pete

Re: password protect

Originally posted by kirkcaldypete
    I know this is a subject often brought up...
    I have quite a few pages now on my site and now I want to password protect them all... I do understand I can't do each page individually but create a new directory etc... I've read and watched tutorials but I have no idea what to do ...can someone please give me simple instructions.
    Basically I want anything to do with www.happilybored.com to be only viewed by family and friends...is it possible?
    Thanks
    Pete
    Yes. go in CP, Password protected drectories, and set the public_html directory as protected. Create at least one user and one password, and let your friends and family know username and password. Of course, this will provoke your site to get invisible to other visitors. Consider moving to another protected folder, instead of public_html, just the pages you want to keep private.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi,thanks for the reply..
      when I go into that no html directory comes up ...that's where I'm stuck ....I thought it would be as simple as clicking on the public html but it is not there ...
      Pete

Comment

Originally posted by kirkcaldypete
        Hi,thanks for the reply..
        when I go into that no html directory comes up ...that's where I'm stuck ....I thought it would be as simple as clicking on the public html but it is not there ...
        Pete
        Correct, I was wrong. You are already seeing the public_html directory and it won't allow you to pass protect it. So keep your index page there, create another directory, f.e. "passfolder", password protect it, and put all your protected pages in there
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

hello there..
          i have the same problem so i just continue this tread.. So in cp i creat a folder called example "passfolder", and put the pages i want to protect in this one? can all pages be in that folder or do the index page have to be in the public.html folder? And when i put the pages linked from the index page into the "passfolder", do people have to enter username and password for every link, or is it enough to enter user/pass only once?

Tassn
          Peace!

Comment

Hi Tassn,
            In your example "passfolder" create a new index page with all the other links
            contained in your "passfolder" .
            Then when you password protect "passfolder" all links should work with
            just one password entry.....
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
            Newbies / Beginners Forum
            FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
            My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
            Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Working...
            X