Adding second web site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding second web site

I have one web site in BlueVoda, and am working on another. I added the second domain in Add a Domain, but when I publish to test the site, none of the pages appear. I'm using the same IP address, user name and password as the first site. In short, I'm having trouble publishing a second web site. Just wondering if I didn't add the domain correctly, or have to set it up with a different IP or something else?

Thanks

Re: Adding second web site

Hi, are you publishing to public_html/newdomainname/.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Yes, supposed to be anyways.

Comment

Might be worth going to your cpanel & finding the new folder for your new add on domain & seeing if the pages are their & what url they are.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi SportsBob,
          I just went through this process this weekend... maybe this will help.
          After you have added the new site in Addon Domain
          Create a Folder
          first, I opened the BV editor
          select new page
          Once the page opens,
          Go to File, save page as
          The BV dialog box will open
          First select, make a new file, and call it the new site name whatever it may be.
          (This is a good way to organize your new site pages)
          Save your page
          Once the new file is created in BV, go ahead and save the first page as index in the file you just created.
          Publish your page
          Hi, are you publishing to public_html/newdomainname/.
          when you publish, a dialog box pops up, make sure you change the Public_html/ as Collectors pointed out in the prior post.
          For every site that you add on, you will need to make sure the proper site or directory is correct.

Check after addon or now
          One other thing to check too,
          go to the BV editor and open up the control panel and log on to your server.
          select the file manager, look down the list of files and left, click on the file public_html
          this file will open... make sure your added site is in there, it should be towards the top. without the www and the .com

now your ready to Rock-n-Roll!

Randall
          www.SflaMarineRepair.com
          Have a Great day!

Comment

Did you buy a new "Domain Name".

If you did not buy a new one then you should set it up as a "Sub-Domain"

I.e. "subdomain.yourdomain.com"

Goto to Sub-Domain in cPanel and try seting up again.
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsbob View Post
              I have one web site in BlueVoda, and am working on another. I added the second domain in Add a Domain, but when I publish to test the site, none of the pages appear. I'm using the same IP address, user name and password as the first site. In short, I'm having trouble publishing a second web site. Just wondering if I didn't add the domain correctly, or have to set it up with a different IP or something else?

Thanks
              Hi Sportsbob...I don't know, may be you did...but...Did you point DNS servers to Voda Host? In order for your domain name to work properly on VH servers you must change your name servers to match the name servers provided in the welcome letter.
              If you bought your new domain name from either VodaHost Domains or other company...then you still must configure it.

Good luck :)

Comment

Working...
              X