how to make another page to my website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to make another page to my website

I have a URL www.bestmoneymaker.com and it is up and running.
    Can I add a new page like bestmoneymaker.com/info

I'm sure I can but where and how do I name it

Re: how to make another page to my website

Create the page just as you did your first one, save it as info and publish it just as you did your first page. Now here's the fun part, you will need to link those two pages together so you will need some sort of navagation here is the link to the video. http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/hyp...mages-etc.html
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Thanks but not quite getting it. name the new page as info.bvp?

And I watched the video on how to link but it just shows how to link A pictire or one block of text not the whole webpage?

The hyper link is not active when I am looking at the new page?

Comment

Easiest way to do is to click on File, new page, clone page, select the page to clone, it will open up in the same window. Hope this helps you. Let me know.~MWD
        sigpicLearn how to get everything FREE at MEGAMONEYCD.com

Comment

Originally posted by mannabob View Post
          Thanks but not quite getting it. name the new page as info.bvp?
          That was just an example, you can name the page what ever you feel most appropriate. Just a name no extensions (bvp, html or php) all lower case and no spaces (use underscores to sperate words)

And I watched the video on how to link but it just shows how to link A pictire or one block of text not the whole webpage?
          The links are to whole pages but the trigger can be a menu, image, shape or text.

The hyper link is not active when I am looking at the new page?
          If you mean the icon, you have to type some text, highlight it then it will be active. No links will not work until the pages are published.

As MWD suggested, cloning is the best practice to create extra pages with a consistant look and spacing.
          Reguards
          Ed
          www.dsondesigns.com
          www.marseillesyouthsports.com
          www.300hitter.com
          www.bigjk.net
          How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

OK I named it just info and published. It said successful

You say I have to type some text and highlite in order for hyperlink icon to be active

I have a full webpage full of text and html but it wont let me highlight the whole page?

Comment

Originally posted by mannabob View Post
              OK I named it just info and published. It said successful

You say I have to type some text and highlite in order for hyperlink icon to be active

I have a full webpage full of text and html but it wont let me highlight the whole page?

You can link text by highlighting it and choosing insert > link .. however, you would not hyperlink your entire page of text .. only a few words ..or your page names for navigation .. and when you highlight you need to highlight the words ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I am just not getting this I wish there was someone to call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You mean I cannot have a sub page (not sure if thats what its called) that is an entire page, just some text??

in other words my home page is bestmoneymakertoday.com but I want to have another page that is bestmoneymakertoday.com/info and it is a different page than my home page

I should be able to send someone to bestmoneymakertoday.com/info and they do not see my home page jsut this one?

Comment

Works for me. You have two pages:

www.bestmoneymakertoday.com
                  www.bestmoneymakertoday.com/info.html

If you want people to go to the info page from your main page, create a link on the main page. It can be a button that says something like "Info" or whatever. It can be a picture, or it can be a phrase. If you then want people to go from your Info page back to your main page, you can create a button, image or text that says "Home" for example.

Here is a text link that will take you to your main page:

HOME
                  CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
                  CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
                  CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Sweet did not work a while ago thanks

Comment

Yes I too, am sort at that level if you may. But I'm working now on the fixed menu bar. I have my names. I have pictures in the center of the page top under main dark heading. Ok make sure I did this right. One heading over a pix is Direct Or Indirect Flow. Now to the left far colum
                      I have the fixed menu bar, thers four right and all have the heading infor
                      which I want when you click on them it pops up in another window.
                      so the one I mentioned is suppose to look like this right? http://www.mywebsite.com.index.html. Now if thats right how do I get to the other window to add the other page with information?

thanks

Comment

Ok maybe I didn't word that right, in one of the fixed menu bars which I want to open new window is Direct Or Indirect flow

Comment

aquaflow, it's good practice to start your own threads. I'd suggest you publish what you have and post your site address in the other thread you started so that we can see what you mean.

Comment

Tom would that be like in the link section? I'm new at the forum I can kind of can tell what you mean as I'm looking at all the sections topics.
                            And that was an example address

Comment

I recommend you just go back to your previous post in the thread you started before (you can click on your name next to the green button to find a list of all posts you ever make). Go ahead and publish the page you've created (I'm assuming you've purchased VodaHost and are thus able to publish). Then tell us your website address so we can view it. It really doesn't matter if it's not ready to be viewed by "the world" because you can easily take it down again. I need to see what you've got so far because I'm not clear on what you are asking. :)

EDIT: OK, I see you started more than one thread. That's OK; choose any one of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X