please look before i do more pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please look before i do more pages

Hello, please check out www.mm-l.com and let me know what you think, any advise I could use! I would like to keep all my pages the same but change the inside guts of it as you go to each page, so far all i did was home page, because I want advise on it before creating the other pages. thank you.
    PS not sure why it loads funny, you see layers or bakground stuff before the whole page loads, my other web site i did with another builder didn't do this? thanks, hope i get lots of great advise!

Re: please look before i do more pages

Hi there,
    I think you've got the beginnings of a good looking website. I do have a few comments though which might come in handy - remember this is only my personal opinion.

1) I'd put my logo on the bottom left side of your picture. That way you will see the entire lawnmower and the nice looking landscape

2) I find the scrolling marquee isn't telling me anything new. Just seems to be grabbing my attention away from everything else on the page.

3) Bring your text box up in line with the pictures and I wouldn't put a full stop after the title of it.

4) Your website looks professional but the arrows and the free estimate buttons seem to let the professionalism slip. How would changing the red to black on the arrows look - both text and outline. If the free estimates is not a button - why not just plain white bold text with a call to action such as "Call us today on 414 ... for your free estimate"?

5) I'm previewing in both Firefox and Explorer. They are showing the bottom footer as two completely different things. In Firefox it is a rectangle with rounded corners which actually slips down onto your bottom page border and your small links are cut across the top. Don't know what you used to create this shape. Why not put your links under your header?

I hope you find these comments useful - I should have done the same thingg as you rather than waiting till I built my entire site and then asked for people's opinions. It caused me a lot of extra hard hours of work. I'm going to be really cheeky - I love your background picture. Would you mind if I used it for my website, which by the way is not supposed to look super professional?

Comment

Good Job. People read from left-to-right... top-to bottom. I think your layout is pretty good. I aggree with myjaydee on the scrolling ticca thingy, a distraction. I clicked on "FREE ESTIMATE" and it took me to a 404 page (not found) Maybe my connection. Anyways... good start
      The Female Zone

Comment

Hi, style is looking real good & ditto with other comments. You need to keep an eye on image sizes & get the page to around the 2-300kb mark. At the moment yours is at 1981 kb. The main culprits are

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
        X