Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Domains

Hello,

I am thinking about transferring all of the sites I design/maintain to you all because I think it would be easier with your builder. But, I am not willing to pay $9.95 or $7.95 a month per domain. can I just get one account for the $9.95 or $7.95 price and put all the domains under that account? If so, I will transfer them all over. Your immediate response is appreciated.

Raymond

Re: Multiple Domains

With one account you can host as many add-on domains as you like. For example, I have two .coms and one .org hosted here at VH.
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Hi Tom, if I could have as many add on domains as I prefer on one account, does that include domain name registration charges or excluding registration charge per domain?Thanks.

Demet

Comment

I am thinking about transferring all of the sites I design/maintain to you all because I think it would be easier with your builder.
        You can do this assuming all the domains are in your name & all the site belong to you. (If not! This would be classed as reselling under VH's TOS & would not be allowed)
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by srscebbi View Post
          Hello,

I am thinking about transferring all of the sites I design/maintain to you all because I think it would be easier with your builder. But, I am not willing to pay $9.95 or $7.95 a month per domain. can I just get one account for the $9.95 or $7.95 price and put all the domains under that account? If so, I will transfer them all over. Your immediate response is appreciated.

Raymond
          Raymond, I think the point being missed here between your question and the replies is an additional cost for domain transfers. You can have unlimited domains under one account, but It's my understanding that when opening up a BV hosting account, your allowed either 1 free domain name OR 1 free domain transfer. Any other domain transfers would cost you $9.95, or thereof for each domain transfer.

Personally speaking, I have around 20 domain names. This would mean the first one would be transfered over to BV for free and the remaining 19 would cost me $9.95 per domain, or nearly $190.00 for all.

As good as the website builder software is, I don't know if I'm prepared to absorb those fees, let alone having to pay $20 per domain purchase should I need others :)
          Last edited by cobalt; 04-11-2009, 03:21 AM. Reason: reword

Comment

To be clear, a domain purchased from VH costs $19.95 (I think it is) a year. I have three with VH. I also have one I purchased elsewhere for $9.95 per year. If I choose to transfer that fourth one to VH, it would cost the higher price. But I didn't transfer it, I simply pointed it at my VH server. I can do that forever, at the lower price--VH charges nothing for pointed domains. In other words, you can get domain names wherever you like at whatever you are willing to pay. One VH hosting account will accept them all with no charge if they are pointed, not transferred.
            CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
            CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
            CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Working...
            X