Seling ebook on website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seling ebook on website

I have finally finished writing an ebook and it is ready to go on sale on our website but i'm not too sure how to do this. We have written a sales page and created a buy now button for the ebook using paypal, so can anybody please tell me how prevent non-cusomers from downloading the book from our site without purchasing it.

Thanks you.

Re: Seling ebook on website

Hi ... you will require a protected download shopping cart.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Do paypal not require a protected shopping cart?

Comment

no paypal is SECURE as far as the payment goes, but it doesnt protect your file.

The best way is to use some software that creates an expiring download

http://www.dlguard.com/dlginfo/index.php (is an example.. theres others )

There are some basic things you can do tho.. zip it for one. SE list the pdf in their search results, but the zip will help hide that its a pdf ebook. You could put it in a password protected folder and only all them access or email them access after payment is completed successfully. You could also attatch it to an autoresponder message.. but with paypal this doesnt always work either.. because they can TRICK the cart by returning to your store without paying.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Karen's right in what she says and you always do have to remember too that it can always still be sent via email, but you can protect against the odds if your download is protected. Paypals cart system does not offer protected downloads. Dependent how busy you thought you might be would determine whether you wanted to manually pass out passwords to directories. Hopefully, for business doing so manually would become too much .. and without protection, I have seen it become a problem, even appearing free on some prominent sites. So just protect yourself, I think you'll find it worth the price for a cart to handle this procedure, auto everything ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

HELP PLEASE? I also have an ebook I am placing on my website for download, and read what everyone said here, but am still confused. If pay pal does not offer the protected shop cart, where would I obtain this and how would I set this up? THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP.

Comment

I checked into the dlguard download software and it look like the best way to go. The download price is $127.00 and that will allow using on two websites. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

Paypal only secures the payment process.. not your files. So it relieves you of running your own ssl and dedicated ip

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by RJW View Post
                  HELP PLEASE? I also have an ebook I am placing on my website for download, and read what everyone said here, but am still confused. If pay pal does not offer the protected shop cart, where would I obtain this and how would I set this up? THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP.

Hi RJW...

Just to let you know that Blue Voda Designer offers a shopping cart with download protection for your ebooks and any digital products more affordable than the price you quoted above. As well, with our cart, you can sell these products for any of your domains. If you are still in need, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Karen,
                    Thank you so much for your advice. I will get the Voda Designer shopping cart.

Comment

Working...
                    X