X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain name length

Hi
    http://how-to-build-your-own-surfboard.com
    I'm starting to get some good traffic but I am concerned about this domain name for three reasons:
    1 The length.
    2 The hyphen between each word making it hard to type.
    3 The word 'build'. Perhaps it should be 'make' so that a million different sites don't come up in searches about building, construction or DIY projects.

Does anyone have any suggestions or am I over-reacting? Would it be a good idea to register several simpler names with redirects on them?
    Gavin

Re: Domain name length

That's right Gavin. People nowadays like short tags. How about diy-surfboards, surfpr**types, wavecraft.com, surfcraftinc. Now that's a lot of options already. If you picked one just thank me and I'll be in suspended animation. Cheers mate.

Demet

Comment

I do think you should make it short, but at the same time make sure that the name includes relevent keywords
      Get 16,000+ Twitter Followers and make money
      [/COLOR]Rob Reviews - Natural Weight Loss Lose Weight Now

Comment

Best with something short. buildingsurfboards.com is available with many other similar names.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks people. I think I will go for a shorter Domain Name. Now, how do I do that? Simply register a new name and redirect to the existing site? Or, move the whole site to a new Domain and dispose of the previous? I don't want to undo all the growth the site has had so far, but I don't want to pay to much in hosting 2 sites either. What's the easiest way?
          Thanks.http://how-to-build-your-own-surfboard.com

Comment

Hi, you don't pay any more for hosting 1 sites or 100 sites with VH. But you do have to pay for the extra domains names. If you feel that you have a fantastic growth with the domain you have. Then leave as is.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi,

My suggestion is to name your domain as short as possible:

I.e. "surfboard.org", or .net, or .biz, or .com, or .us, or.yourname etc which ever is available. If they are all not available us country addresses
              i.e. ".com.my", "com.tv" etc.

The name "surfboard" is open ended and not restricted to a niche activity
              like "DIY" which relate to just one activity surrounding a surfboard.

Tags can be expended to a wide array of connections such as waves, surf, surf sites, surf countries, ocean waves, seas etc.
              www.siapamoyanganda.com/
              Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
              State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
              X