Published site problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Published site problems

Please look at my published site...after 4 support tickets it is NOW showing up on the Internet but I'm seeing nav. buttons that don't work. I am not sure where the source is.
    To complicate matters...I had a myriad of files in BV Builder bkup files... so I AGAIN deleted what I thought was no good so I could FIND the right ones to fix, preview and re-publish. And now, I again get "unexpected file format" when trying to preview my fixed files before re-publishing. Previously was told by Hank (support ticket# MEP-529298 to redegit and remove all instances of BV, use CC cleaner, re-install BV Builder. Tried that this time, but can't get BV off my computer?? Is it because I am now dealing with published files?? My site is: www.suereinkekitchensandbaths.com My Client ID is: 33550

Re: Published site problems

Sue - one thing I did notice was when I tried to use the nav buttons from the contact page the address were all missing the .html extension after the pages name so they wouldn't work. from the home page they worked fine. maybe you can just copy and paste the nav buttons from home page to contact page. - did not check other pages.
    Also your page was not centered. Liked the presentation, looks very nice.
    Ann
    www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
    www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
    www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Thank you so much Ann. I will TRY to fix contact pg once I resolve my "unexpected file format" problem. I had problems with centering...after the fact knowledge of how to fix left me with starting all over again. I tweaked alot n' thought it looked better. Will also try to fix that. Thanks again for your expertise and compliments. Judy (for Sue)

Comment

Hi

I noticed that the link to your gallery page returns an error - which is most probably due to the word gallery being misspelled in the link:

I'm not sure about the 'unexpected file format' problem - sorry!
        Do you have a special folder on your harddrive for the website? I wasn't sure why you were looking in the backup files folder for your pages.

(I think it would also be a good idea not to have new pages opening. When you click on a link to edit it, you can delete whatever you have under 'target' - you probably have '_blank' there.)

I agree with Ann that your site has a nice presentation.

Best of luck with everything!

Comment

Thank you Sunchaser. I have fixed the gallery spelling, fixed the targets but the problem is, the LAST re-published versions are not replacing the bad ones. I was in bkup trying to delete the OLD ones but I seem to hav e not succeeded. In Cpanel I found ALL of them but I am not sure what to delete n' what to leave alone. Reviewed similiar questions on forum n' I see how sticky that can be. Now site is actually viewable I hate to mess with it. I KNOW, it's inevitable........Thank you for answering my question. As for the "unexpected format, I keep getting that and having to remove and re-load BV on my computer. YES it does make for a LONG DAY :) Thanks, Judy

Originally posted by Sunchaser View Post
          Hi

I noticed that the link to your gallery page returns an error - which is most probably due to the word gallery being misspelled in the link:

I'm not sure about the 'unexpected file format' problem - sorry!
          Do you have a special folder on your harddrive for the website? I wasn't sure why you were looking in the backup files folder for your pages.

(I think it would also be a good idea not to have new pages opening. When you click on a link to edit it, you can delete whatever you have under 'target' - you probably have '_blank' there.)

I agree with Ann that your site has a nice presentation.

Best of luck with everything!

Comment

Good presentation.

I find pictures sell best of all (most people Google 'query' + pictures here).

Try some on your landing page - it holds the attention.

www.ashtontrades.com
            www.ashtontrades.com
            www.goldbloq.com
            www.jimmyquiz.com

Comment

Thanks Jack!! I had "web generator" for pics but could not make it work right so went bk. to lightbox. Pics on ashton are like the web generator, very nice presentation there! Maybe when I have time I will try the web generator again. Thank you for your compliments...know it's a simple site but I'm still learning. As for the gallery sp. I fixed that but the old version needs removed so it doesn't keep coming up on the site. Judy

Originally posted by Jack Russell View Post
              Good presentation.

I find pictures sell best of all (most people Google 'query' + pictures here).

Try some on your landing page - it holds the attention.

www.ashtontrades.com

Comment

Working...
              X