temp. place holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• temp. place holder

ok, I had a domain name with another company, and it was put on a blank web site called tep. place holder untill our web site was built. now i transfered the domain name to have voda host host it, and I am building the site now, i published it this week, it is www.mm-l.com the problem i have is when you do a search in google for mm-l it comes up as a discription of tep place holder for www.mm-l.com but when you click on it, then it takes you to my web site. why is this and how do i fix that in google search. also i have a very strange thing that happened today. i added our emails that we had to vodahost control panel and then changed the pop3 and smtp settings in outlook 2003 to the ip address i got from you, and i must have done it wrong because we could get mail but not send out mail. so then from another thread i was told not to use my ip adress but to put mail.mm-l.com in incoming and outgoing so it will work( and i will try it tomorrow) but ever since i did that today, we can not go to our web site from any computer at work(other web sites work) but not ours it says page is broken error. yet when i came home from work and brought it up on my computer it works fine, just not at work. nobodys at work worked. very strange considering we can get onto other web sites just fine, do you think i messed something up when changing our outlook info?

Re: temp. place holder

No.. you didnt MESS anything up doing mail. It could be since this is new that the domain name is still propogating and the server you log into at work hasnt updated yet.

Google search.. well .. you can ask them to REMOVE the cache and they may or may not..but give it a couple of weeks and it will be replaced with your site info. You cant FORCE them to change what they indexed immediately

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

ok, I am getting no help from anyone from at&t says our internet server and web browser is fine at work, so why can we not view mm-l.com web site at work and why can i not get the email to work, my boss is getting so pissed off at me, i have a help ticket since you can not talk to some one on the phone at vodahost, no reply yet, i need someone to check my domin pointing and make sure i have everything right , including my computers at work says dns is not responding. please someone help my email is amachmueller@msn.com my web is www.mm-l.com

Comment

That is how Google search works. It is an automated process and every website on the web is trying to be the first on the list.

If you want to go directly to your website just enter your url in the browser address box and Go.

As Karen said you dont change anything in your Outlook. Goto cPanel>Mail
        and forward your mail to your outlook email address.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
        X