Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe I should check load times.

Hi All,

Mind checking load times, new nav bar and all else? Any comments welcome.Any negatives welcome as well...Here is the linc

Thanks
    Sharon Chajin

Re: Maybe I should check load times.

Looking good Sharon. Not sure I'm a fan of the red text though sorry.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hello Sharon

Loading times are fine for me. I did notice a tiny bit of jumping when changing pages. The Nav Bar I think. You might want to check the exact positioning of the elements that are common to all pages. Also just a personal thing, I would have your forum open in a New window.

Nice site

Darren
      Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

I just added the new nav bar..Huge job..Same as the forum...new..The red goes with the rest of it..It's OK
        Sharon Chajin

Comment

Hi, loading ok, but would be a lot faster for those on slow connections if you reduced the header image. These add up to 436kb out of your 510kb page total. So the page could easily be around the 110kb mark for the total page size.
          It will also help if you use a template or a clone for a page as it won’t create more images for the visitor to download when changing pages. (Also as per Darren’s comments)
          The last closing chevron (>) also needs to be removed in the “Add this” code.
          I think with this one with the amount of possible pages you could end up with, i would of gone the php route so you would only of had to update 1 page if you ever wanted to update the main menu.

Good luck.

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I was afraid you would say that...LOL You are right of course, I did however make a temp plate..I just added the new nav bar, Of course everything wiggles now..
            Sharon Chajin

Comment

So if I republish everything in PHP my life will be easier? Or the front page?
              Sharon Chajin

Comment

Any one want to look at the new nav bar and see if it shows up on the pages" Only some on the left are finished..Big Job To Do!
                Sharon Chajin

Comment

Working...
                X