Linking pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linking pages

I know there's a ton of people asking the same question. Please don't get upset! I've gone through the tutorials multiple times and read through all of the posts here. I know I'm doing something wrong but I just can't see it. I've verified but only one will go through. The links page isn't up so I know that won't work but the other two should. Can someone take a look at it for me? Thanks!

Client ID# 33919

Kari
    Kari

Re: Linking pages

Here's the web address I'm having trouble with.

awradelmasearealestate.com

Thanks!
    Kari

Comment

Hi .. no worries, we are here to help ..

A) I notice your images are not showing, so one of two things may be happening here .. 1) choose to publish all files, make sure your publish box says that when you publish or 2) log into your control panel and choose the icon hot link protection and add this domain to this list ..

B) To link to a page you create .. name, save and publish the page as a given name, suppose you call your page services .. use all small letters, no spaces between the words unless the words are otherwise joined together by the use of the _ underscore symbol .. then link to this page via http://yourdomain.com/services.html

check page properties and be sure the page is set to .html .. in all cases, other than any page having a contact form appear on it, this will automatically be published as a .php page .. and you will apply .php instead of .html at the links end ..

as well, you need to publish all pages .. and I also notice that you have set the target for your links to _blank .. remove that ..leave that area empty ..you should only use that if a link is going to take you off of your own website, this prevents multiple pages being open in the viewers browser .. you don't want that ..

need any further help, just ask .. no worries

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

OK. Double checked everything. Went to control panel and added vodahost. It's still not working! UGGHHH!!! What am I doing wrong?
        Kari

Comment

lol .. okay .. go back into control panel, choose the hotlink protection icon and enable/disable your domain name, lol, not voda host ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

OK! Well, I've been trying to do this for the last 8 hours and am getting a little punchy! They were listed and it was disabled. I enabled it. Still nothing.
            Kari

Comment

is this your main domain? are you publishing to the correct directory??

if it is your main domain, you publish to public_html .. if it is an add on domain publish to public_html/addondomain ..

Look, if you prefer, we dont mind going in and taking a look for you and seeing if it is something we can correct .. if you like, contact me at one of my sites listed in my signature and send along your user information to log into your control panel .. we will have a look and see if it is a simple fix for you, no problem at all ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

The hotlink protection should be set to disabled your site awradelmasearealestate.com should be added to the list and don't forget to press submit at the bottom of the page. you should make sure that the full URL is in the list. http://www.awradelmasearealestate.com
                Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

I just sent you the information. Thanks again! Kari
                  Kari

Comment

It is disabled and both of those are listed but the links still aren't working. This has been a very frustrating day!
                    Kari

Comment

Ok we believe we have the problem in hand should be ok in about a HOUR. OK

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Ok we've got you going, you need to republish the index page and we sent you mail about the links in the nav bar but as you see on your other two pages you published the images now showing. HERE AND HERE

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I can't get my pages to link together.... and after watching tons of tutorials i feel like i have done what they say, but it still isn't working! Please help!

Comment

Working...
                          X