I Would Greatly Appreciate Your Comments - Thanks in Advance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Would Greatly Appreciate Your Comments - Thanks in Advance

Hello, here is a link to my website. I created the whole thing with BlueVoda and have my hosting with VodaHost. I am extremely happy with both services. If you could please read through my site and comment, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much!

www.profitandlasvegas.com

Jeff
    Jeff Peterson
    Profit and Las Vegas Bookkeeping, LLC
    702.405.9912 - Office
    866.835.9912 - Fax
    jeff@profitandlasvegas.com

Re: I Would Greatly Appreciate Your Comments - Thanks in Advance

You have a little overlapping on your Chamber of Commerce..Looks good!
    Sharon Chajin

Comment

The background of your text area on the homepage is great. However, when you check your other pages, you come across white background which is a little distracting. I would suggest using the same color as you used on your homepage.

The website in whole looks really good. You did a great job.

Comment

The text on your Pricing page is a little hard to read.
        The words "Personal Finance" overlap the words "Basic Calculator"

Still think it is a great looking site.

Comment

Hi Jeff,

1. Right click your BV page and select "Center in Browser" which will centeralize your page when viewed in a browser.

2. You are providing a service so you would want your viewers to be able to read your texts clearly whithout squinting. So choose a well rounded, clean, clear and crisp selection of Fonts to use on your page.

3. To me a good design layout for a webpage is an "uncrowded page"
          Today's LCD displays are usually larger than what it was used to be.
          Dont be afraid to widen your page a bit more to 1000pixels instead of the standard 800pixels.
          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
          Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
          State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Wow...thank you so much everyone for your comments. I will fix the problems you all pointed out. I really appreciate your kind comments too on my site. This was the first time I ever designed a web page. I did not use any template. When I first sat at my computer I was looking at a blank white screen and that is what I came up with. So I was pretty happy with the result. I have a "friend" who designs websites for a living and when he checked it out he said..."it looks ok. It looks like any template you can find out there." I was a little dissapointed as I created this from scratch and didn't use a template. Oh well.
              Jeff Peterson
              702.405.9912 - Office
              866.835.9912 - Fax

Comment

Quick question regarding zuriatman's post. How do I change the screen size from 800 to 1000? I've seen this comment before but I have no idea how to do this.

Thanks,
                Jeff
                Jeff Peterson
                702.405.9912 - Office
                866.835.9912 - Fax

Comment

To SChajin, on your angels website, how did you make the dove look like it is flying and the candle look like it is burning? That is really cool and I'd love to add some flash to my page.

Thanks,
                  Jeff
                  Jeff Peterson
                  702.405.9912 - Office
                  866.835.9912 - Fax

Comment

Jeff, Looks really good. I saw on the tools page - your heading "personal finance" is overlapping the first line included directly under it.
                    Gina

Comment

It's quite nice and a very clean looking website. You've got quite a few text over-runs scattered throughout you pages however. I'm using Firefox and finding some titles running into text, your Chamber of Commerce logo on the home page covering text and some text in columns disappearing behind other columns. Your "tools" page have a couple of examples. Also, your "Pricing" page is wider than the rest and becomes hard to read with horizontal scrolling. One last thing - you're using a few different fonts throughout. In my humble-but-often-accurate-opinion you need to stay with the same font throughout (including your menu buttons which are a little bit hard to read) but apart from that - believe it or not - I like it
                      www.ArlineFishingCharter.co.nz
                      www.NewZealandFishingCharter.com
                      www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

Hi Jeff,
                        changing page width: right click on an empty part of the page - click on page properties. Here you can select page width.
                        headings: when I clicked HISTORY I got CONTACT US as the heading
                        when I clicked PRICING I got PAYROLL as the heading
                        when I clicked BLOGS I got CONTACT US as the heading
                        some minor tweaking needed :)
                        otherwise really good job!
                        david
                        Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Working...
                        X