Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to add some more usability. Suggestions please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to add some more usability. Suggestions please?

As of now the site is pretty straight forward. Users add a profile to a map by adding photos, messages, videos, Twitter updates and follow me link .

But I am wondering what additional features (if you were a visitor/user of the site?) would keep or grab your attention? Is there something additional you think would be cool to add in the info window of a profile?

Would be great to get some feedback before moving forward.

T
    hanks Guys & Gals:)

Mike

Re: Need to add some more usability. Suggestions please?

Hi, ya need to centre your pages & bring them under the 985 wide mark as there is a lot of side scroll on your page. This might help.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
      Hi, ya need to centre your pages & bring them under the 985 wide mark as there is a lot of side scroll on your page. This might help.

Can you check it now?

Thanks,
      Mike

Comment

Hi Friend, I'm a little confused (does not take much) What is your site about?
        Sharon Chajin

Comment

Originally posted by SChajin View Post
          If your familiar with Twitter (A micro-blogging site "aka" instant messaging)
          Twitterwho is a place where Twitter users can further there advertising by plotting a profile on a Map. Users can add images, videos, messages, updates and more.
          It of course is not just for Twitter users, But it is where the idea originates.

Comment

You need to read the link in the last post as your not using page properties to centre the pages. At the moment the elements on your page are at about 1200 wide.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by SChajin View Post
              Originally posted by modernvox View Post
              If your familiar with Twitter (A micro-blogging site "aka" instant messaging)
              Twitterwho is a place where Twitter users can further there advertising by plotting a profile on a Map. Users can add images, videos, messages, updates and more.
              It of course is not just for Twitter users, But it is where the idea originates.
              I don't get it either ..... IMO it doesn't make a difference if you "add features" or expand on an idea that is in its own right completely self-contained and already a trusted 'Brand'.
              In other words, consumers are not likely to bother with this business model if another superior/original one or proven options (Craig's List, Facebook, LinkedIn, MySpace, etc.) are not only instantly available, but much more 'credible' in what they do and how they do it.

Why would anyone want to use this site instead of going directly to the real deal? There is nothing compelling here, and if you want to add a compelling feature/technology, you will have to come up with some big bucks from a very deep pocket to develop something the consumer needs or has shown a distinct desire for .... consumers have already shown a clear disdain for disappointing clones or ill-thought schemes!

IMO
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I don't think I'd use this website either (just not my thing) but one thing I'd like to point out - you recommend Firefox for best viewing (which I do) but with Firefox, I also use "NoScript" as an add-on. With NoScript in it's normal protect mode your website is just a big blank - no menu, no map, no reason to remove my safe guards and check it out further. I feel that you need to at least include a non-script based menu as a minimum. Give people like me a chance to check things out and decide wether or not I want to relax my security.
                www.ArlineFishingCharter.co.nz
                www.NewZealandFishingCharter.com
                www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

Visual. Interaction and Complexity.

Since this site was created to help ALL webmasters advertise there personal or business website and even blogs. I need your take on it's Visual Appeal, User Interaction and Complexity.
                  Best viewed in Firefox.

Feel free to add yourself to the directory.

Many thanks,
                  Mike

Comment

Re: Visual. Interaction and Complexity.

I don't get it. Maybe I'm not seeing something because all the links just show me a map of the US. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking at. I think an "About Us" section with an overview of what the site offers and how to use it would be helpful.

Comment

Re: Visual. Interaction and Complexity.

I can't click on Florida..All the little hands in the way! Sorry I looked again, not hands..LOL..Still can't get to Florida.
                      Sharon Chajin

Comment

Yarpool Maps has officially been pimped by..

Lol, i love that quote from pimp my ride. Anyhow, I wanted to take this time to thank each and everyone of you who took the time to respond to my previous threads regarding some issues i have since tweaked. I've been away in my own little world hours at a time (like most of us) working diligently to complete my classifieds and directory site. Everything is great with the exception of the guest books which I need to re-work because I assumed a quick copy and paste to each page would work independently , but not the case at all. So thank you for your time and I hope down the road my site may help your business (That is if you take the time to add yourself)

Thanks guys and I wish you all the best!
                        Michael Pierre

Comment

merged.. all THREE threads.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                          02036089024 / United Kingdom
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                          X