Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 web sites 1 hosting package (possible??)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 web sites 1 hosting package (possible??)

Hi

I have been up and down the threads trying to get a clear answer and I just can not find a thread that deals with this in a way I understand.

I purchased a domain name and a hosting package from BV at the same time.

I now have a website published although it is still “work in progress”

I have now come up with another idea for a site and I have purchased a separate domain name for it through Vodahost Domains

I notice on my hosting package that I am allocated a generous amount of disk space on Vodahost servers and a lot of bandwidth

My first question is this

Can I develop a new website with the new domain name and host it on Vodahost servers under my existing hosting package or do I need to buy a new hosting package for the new domain name

If I can use the same hosting package then can someone direct me to the tread that will show me how to do it?

Will I need separate login name and passwords for the new site or will my existing details be OK

Also will I get a separate Cpanel for the new site?

For clarification I do not think I am wanting to park or add-on a site I want to run 2 separate websites through 1 hosting package

Thanks

Cheers

Scott
    www.dargdaffin.co.uk

Re: 2 web sites 1 hosting package (possible??)

Originally posted by scottaforbes@gmail.com

Can I develop a new website with the new domain name and host it on Vodahost servers under my existing hosting package or do I need to buy a new hosting package for the new domain name
    Yes you can host more than one domain on your existing VodaHost account.
    If I can use the same hosting package then can someone direct me to the tread that will show me how to do it?
    http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/cpanel-control-panel/4755-what-difference-between-subdomain-addon-domain.html?highlight=addon+domain
    and
    http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/domain-names-dns/4649-domain-question.html?highlight=domain
    Will I need separate login name and passwords for the new site or will my existing details be OK

That is up to you. You can password protect sub directories within your account should you wish to.
    Also will I get a separate Cpanel for the new site?
    Not if it's an add on or sub domain to your existing account.
    For clarification I do not think I am wanting to park or add-on a site I want to run 2 separate websites through 1 hosting package
    Thanks
    Cheers
    Scott
    See above in pink and I did this by using a sub-domain - check out my links if you like :o)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi

Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to answer my question

Cheers

Scott
      www.dargdaffin.co.uk

Comment

You are very welcome.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X