linking images to specific text on another page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• linking images to specific text on another page

I want to be able to link specific text - a product name - from one page to a specific image on another page. At the moment, the text is part of a text box with other text in it, so I am thinking I may have to set up a text box for each different line of text (i.e., each product name) that I want to link. Before I go to all that trouble, I want to make sure that is the correct way to do it.
    EX: on my page named 'products' I have several product names grouped together in a text box. I want customers to be able to click on one product name and have the image of that product on the gallery page open up. How should I do this?
    Thanks,
    Treenerd
    briggatefarms.com

Re: linking images to specific text on another page

You can just type the text, highlight it and select the hyperlink icon on the toolbar and fill in the destination link which is the name or number of your pic.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hi, its called bookmarking.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

not sure I understand. Correction - pretty sure I don't understand.
        Okay - I have the bookmark set up. By the way, can I use single quotes on the bookmark name? EX? Miscanthus 'Morning Light' is the correct name for this plant.
        Another question: where do I place the bookmark - all the photos are linked together as thumbnails.

On the page I want to link from, I select the text and open the hyperlink box - in the URL box, am I inserting the page name of the page I'm on, or the page I want to link to? And what goes in the boomark drop down menu?
        Can I test this before publishing?

Comment

Keep the names simple without quotes as it might be ok in one browser but not another.

Place the bookmark on the left hand side of the page level with the image you want to link to.

Your link will be www.mysite.com/thenewpage.html#bookmark of image 1

Yes you have to be live on the web to fully test.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Think I've got it - thanks!

Comment

One last thing- since I can't preview it to make sure- in your example you have the bookmark on the URL with spaces between the words. I thought URLs weren't supposed to have any spaces in the link. I put the bookmark on the URl as www.briggatefarms.com/photo_gallery.html#MiscanthusAdagio
              and the bookmark title is Miscanthus Adagio (with a space between words).
              Is this correct?

Comment

Working...
              X