PDA

View Full Version : A walk on the Beach

glendene
05-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Is'nt it a wonderful thing...

this is not a religious post... not that there is anything wrong with that!
I am sure that many of you are deep thinking people. You may be a hippy or an academic, legalese or doctorate, homeless or hopeful, perhaps you are just someone looking for more (or less)...
Love, mentors, peace of mind, family, friends, kids, aunts & uncles, pets, school mates, memories, soul mate, mum, smell, music, taste, accidents, good income, no income, self reliance, self satisfaction, embarrassments, let downs, brilliant moments, applause, boo's, In-laws (always a problem) ownership, loss, fights, friendship, brotherhood, pre-nups... And so it goes.
I have spent a life-time poring over these issues and this morning I found some solace, I walked along the beach at dawn. Hmmm, Wonderful. I think I will do it again tomorrow :-)

ahimsa
05-03-2009, 04:02 PM
I find a walk ANYWHERE at dawn "a wonderful thing" :)
For me it's the best time of the day & I am at my most creative. It's also the best time, for me, to meditate, since there's little chance of me falling asleep LOL

Glendene, please don't "think" about doing it tomorrow-----DO IT!!
david

(BTW...speaking of "...looking for less..." - see my post in the lounge "rainy day reflections")

mingswanfoo
05-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Hi Glendene,

I found sitting by the beach in the hot afternoon with a few bottle of cold iced beer & a good book is heaven...

Hehe...

glendene
05-04-2009, 02:40 PM
Good call Foo hehe.

mingswanfoo
05-04-2009, 04:09 PM
Hehe....

SChajin
05-04-2009, 08:01 PM
I sit in the Pool with a cold one! I Leave the phones behind..Bliss!

mingswanfoo
05-05-2009, 02:24 AM
Glen,

Sharon drinks 24/7...
Day & night...

SChajin
05-05-2009, 01:45 PM
Ha ha The way a girl should!

mingswanfoo
05-05-2009, 01:54 PM
The costume you wore reminds me of German waitress in October Fest...
Hahaha....

SChajin
05-05-2009, 02:15 PM
I have been there, had a ball! So much fun!

mingswanfoo
05-05-2009, 02:26 PM
Good for ya... I just had a couple this afternoon... Now having a headache cause I didn't drink enough... LOL

rash__
05-06-2009, 11:48 PM
very funny

limebrook1
05-07-2009, 12:17 PM
I sit in the Pool with a cold one! I Leave the phones behind..Bliss!

That sounds bliss - but unfortunately something I can only dream about doing on holiday! :)

SChajin
05-07-2009, 12:47 PM
I try to make Sunday..A day in the pool, sometimes the dog will sit in the pool with me..She is so funny..She will sit on the steps only..

mingswanfoo
05-08-2009, 05:44 AM
Everytime I bring my dachshund (Popeye) to the beach, he just stares at the waves... He never dares to go down for a swim.. So I carried him until waist deep and dropped him... In no time, he swims back to the shores & gave me that "Give me a break LOOK"... Hahaha... Just hilarious...

limebrook1
05-08-2009, 01:53 PM
When I was a kid I lived very near a beach - pebble beach with nice big waves when the wind was blowing. My old dog (a lab/spaniel cross) used to bark at the waves, and never go in the water.

When I went in he would go mad with worry - and would then run up the beach, pinch my towel and run off with it. Yup, it worked - I stopped swimming pretty quick and got out to catch him! :)

Our Great Dane is also worried about water - we used to have a paddling pool in the garden on hot days, and would slide down a slide into it! If we haven't shut the Great Dane away he'll run to the slide and grab hold of the arm of whoever is trying to go down it to try to stop them hitting the water!

Aren't dogs great? Although I might not always appreciate their ways of looking after us!

SChajin
05-08-2009, 02:07 PM
When I was younger (ha ha) we used to take the horses to the beach..At first they were afraid then they loved it..We also rescued a german shepard and puppies, we could not keep her out of the pool..Sitting at the dinning room table we could see her go swimming by..

mingswanfoo
05-09-2009, 08:16 AM
Wow... Horse... That's great... How does it feel to own a horse? Hehehe...
How would everyone look at me if I ride a horse to work? Hahahaha..........
Can they run on tar??