Domain Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain Transfer

First, let me apologize, I am a newbie to Vodahost. I'm currently using Blue Voda website builder to build my Dad's new website. He currently has a website with basic information and I'm trying to help him build a new site. Here is my dilemma, I want to be able to purchase hosting through Vodahost so that I can starting uploading his site to the web. But I don't want to transfer his current domain name until I am finished. Is there a way that once I am through, I could transfer this? If so, how would I go about this? Thanks.

Re: Domain Transfer

You can register for a VodaHost account using your Dads domain name. It will still go to the existing website until you change the nameservers to point to vodahost. To view the actual pages on your vodahost account while existing website is still hosted elsewhere you should be able to use

That may or may not still work.. it did about a year and a half ago when I last tried it.

When you have the website finished and ready to be run on your vodahost account you can then either just point the nameservers to vodahost's or transfer the domain to vodahost. Either will work just fine.

I hope that helps

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

So when I sign up, do I choose to "transfer" the domain name? When I do that will it automatically not cancel his current site or do I have to do something to make this happen? Sorry, I'm just not very experienced with this. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Yes,

Buy the hosting account first from VodaHost and request support to transfer your Domain to VH for free. Do this together all at once so as not to lose out on the free options offered by VH,
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

you will be required to fill out a domain transfer request as well .. see threads under domains, transfer a domain to vodahost ..

as well, if your dad already has an existing website and search engines are listing those pages, you will want to create pages with the same names so that those pages remain listed and users wont go to a page cannot be found error .. if page names are different - be sure to log into your control panel once you have your account and create redirects to other pages for those ..

just so you know, domains can reside with other domain registrars and not all domains are able to be transferred to voda host .. if a domain is unable to be transferred to voda host, you simply log into your domain registrar and change the dns (domain name servers) to your voda host domain name server information .. those are found in your welcome email when you order your voda hosting account .. be sure to check your junk folder for your account information, often times this email lands in there after ordering your voda host account ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X