domain names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• domain names

I have selected a domain name which is available and would like this to be hosted by Vodahost in my current facility. When going through the steps to buy this from voda it asks me for a password... which password? I tried the one I think is required but it rejects it. How do I get the right password?
    Also can I host the domain on vodahost in my current account or must I have an additional account?
    thank youi

Re: domain names

Hi Start
    You buy.... the name and it can be it's own account or an addon domain
    to order the domain name from voda host... look into this
    cheap web hosting and affordable prices at a discount for all your web hosting needs VodaHost is your perfect web host.

Hope that helps
    Doug

Comment

Thank you Doug,
      There are a few specifics i do not understand.
      I was halfway through ordering from voda when they ask me for a username and password... Which would that be, i tried all that i associate with VOD... most confusing. 1 for the forum 1 for the back end. now one for the buying of a domain name. Which would i use?
      I have a current domin on voda but i want this name to be a stand alone, i do not want it to be my www.my existingdomain name/newname.html
      I want this to be www.newname.com
      How do i do this and what password are the wanting?
      Frustrations.
      Thank you

Comment

Use the username and password that you log into vbs billing ..

this is not the same information as you use to log into control panel ..

it is normally your mail address and the password given to you at the bottom of your welcome email .. vbs billing information

when you order and pay for a domain it is a stand alone domain, you are just going to add on this domain in your voda host account - your control panel .. view the tutorials and threads for adding on a domain once you have your domain registration in place .. you will also need to log into vbs billing and change the name servers to voda host - by default they are not pointed to your voda host servers automatically .. log into vbs .. manage domains, change what is in there to your two voda host servers .. those found on your voda host welcome account email.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
          Use the username and password that you log into vbs billing ..

this is not the same information as you use to log into control panel ..

it is normally your mail address and the password given to you at the bottom of your welcome email .. vbs billing information

when you order and pay for a domain it is a stand alone domain, you are just going to add on this domain in your voda host account - your control panel .. view the tutorials and threads for adding on a domain once you have your domain registration in place .. you will also need to log into vbs billing and change the name servers to voda host - by default they are not pointed to your voda host servers automatically .. log into vbs .. manage domains, change what is in there to your two voda host servers .. those found on your voda host welcome account email.
          Thank you Lady Eye,
          I'll have a go now, but would like some more information please.
          Do we on amongst our people have someone who can put together a top class internet marketing campaign including SEO and a PPC campaign?
          Onto page one of google nothing less
          The product is a first in the Foreing Exchange Trading Market. The marketing must include the Clickbank and Plimus facilities.
          Thank you

Comment

yw ... let us know if you have any problems getting this done ..

In so far as your campaign, you can check the freelance area of the forum

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Google just changed up their formats... I think its EASIER to place ads than before for 1st page coverage. Just have to have good page content as well.

You can also just email me at kmacenterprise at aol.com

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Karen, I'll be in contact shortly... having no end of frustration trying to buy a domainname via VB.

Comment

Hello again... I.m frustrated to the core doing things I do not understand. At ******* they charge $9.95 for a name registration and Bv want 115.95... why? All I would like is for the name to be registered and to use it the same way I now use my other name with you. I know we are allowed more than one domain name... What now?
                  Thank you

Comment

Okay .. no worries, sounds to me like you are going through the ordering another voda host account, and you dont need to do this ..

click here to order your domain from vodahost

It will just be the one charge for your domain ..

Once you receive confirmation of your domain purchase, you will log into your vbs, provided in this domain purchase confirmation email, and you will change the name servers to your own voda host servers - those two servers are found in your voda host order welcome email ..your hosting account email ..

you will log into vbs with your email and password supplied to you with your domain registration confirmation

then you will add on this domain in your control panel, under the addon domain icon

then you will create and build your website, as you have done before, but you will publish to a new directory - this directory is created when you add onyour domain - take note as you add on your domain ..

best to create another folder on your own computer as well to handle and hold the .bvp files that are created for this new website, as some pages will have the same name - e.g., index - necessary for the starting page of all domains ..

:)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thank you again Lady eye... think it is more difficult whe you are 73 years old, sometimes when i get frustrated at my lack of computer undestanding I am ready to throw in the towel ,but I enjoy the Web building etc too much.
                      anyway..
                      thank you for your patience with me.

Comment

I didnt get your email, so I went ahead and contacted you. Hopefully it gets thru.

Its supposed to be 73 years young btw. Frustration just means you need a coffee or beer break..LOL

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
                          Okay .. no worries, sounds to me like you are going through the ordering another voda host account, and you dont need to do this ..

click here to order your domain from vodahost

It will just be the one charge for your domain ..

Once you receive confirmation of your domain purchase, you will log into your vbs, provided in this domain purchase confirmation email, and you will change the name servers to your own voda host servers - those two servers are found in your voda host order welcome email ..your hosting account email ..

you will log into vbs with your email and password supplied to you with your domain registration confirmation

then you will add on this domain in your control panel, under the addon domain icon

then you will create and build your website, as you have done before, but you will publish to a new directory - this directory is created when you add onyour domain - take note as you add on your domain ..

best to create another folder on your own computer as well to handle and hold the .bvp files that are created for this new website, as some pages will have the same name - e.g., index - necessary for the starting page of all domains ..

:)
                          I have now received the email where in they tell me what to do, but they do not tell me how to correct the dns. I am stuck with a page in front of me with 5 domain facilities dns1 .........com, dns2..........com I filled in the first two with the two domains I have and promptly got confronted with an error message with a bunch of giberish I do not begin to understand.
                          so stuck again!
                          Help please.

Comment

hans

If you send in an email all your details i will help you fix it

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                            X