Please give your input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please give your input

Just published pages- can see a few things not working - but please take a look and give your opinion - what looks bad, what can work better, what doesn't work at all.....
    Thanks for all your help!
    Treenerd
    www.briggatefarms.com

Re: Please give your input

Good job, a couple of things all your image file sizes need to be reduced greatly, even your thumb nails are very large. Download the PixResizer if you do not have a program such as Photoshop to do it, many a several hundred kb's. When you are creating your thumb nails do not use the blue resizing handles to make the image smaller, it does nothing to the actual file size (or image size for that matter, just renders it smaller).
    On your products page your text over laps the words Our Products.
    Your link to News is broken (404 error)
    And I would make the html box on your Availability page longer as it cuts off part of the pdf.

I did not look into your key wording as I thought this would give you enough to fix for now.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Hi, ditto we Ed on the images. Would personally of gone with a small thumbnail with each grass to make it slightly easer to follow. its more work, but might be worth it. Sample
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks for the input - I did not use pix resizer b/c I had my own software, but I will try the pix resizer now. I have several more pics to add -waiting on the cd to receive.
        One thing I did that I know isn't working how I thought it should- I set up bookmarks, so that the names of the grasses on the products page would link to that particular image on the photo gallery page. That isn't happening - it is just taking it to the photo gallery page, not the individual pic. What could I do to make that happen?
        I'll repost once I have worked on the photos - thanks again!

Comment

If you used the gallery tool to add the images remove it, insert the images individually and then link each image to the page you want. When you use the gallery it will not let you do this.
          Reguards
          Ed
          www.dsondesigns.com
          www.marseillesyouthsports.com
          www.300hitter.com
          www.bigjk.net
          How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

I am not sure you can link to an individual pic and have it display in lightbox form, so will be interested in any responses to that question.
            On another note, I think you did a GREAT job on this website. I really like your logo and the fact that you made a template for the header and used it for every page! Very professional as the transition to each page is seamless.
            Great Job!
            P V WebSolutions

Comment

Could be that you haven't yet published the "Articles & News" page?????
              If you have, then, sorry, but something's wrong with the link I get: "Error"

I think you did a GREAT job on this website. I really like your logo and the fact that you made a template for the header and used it for every page! Very professional as the transition to each page is seamless.
              Great Job!
              (from Goldpaw)

I would say HEAR! HEAR!
              david
              Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Many of your images have been saved as BMP format & this will increase the kb's by quite a bit. Best to save them in jpg format.
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I like the overall design of the website but agree with others on the image sizes. Your logo seems a little bland to me and faded. I like the overall design of it but it seems very low quality.
                  Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Comment

Working...
                  X