Review my site please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review my site please

http://www.realestateorganization.net A work in progress but my problem right now is getting the background to flow throughout the pages. The typed portion of each page is white. I have read other postings that had this problem, but have tried everything I know. I have moved everything to one side of each page to make certain there is not something hiding behind something preventing this. I was able to add the background to the text block itself, but then of course it does not line up with the background behind that - therefore, there is a background over a background and I would imagine there is a better way of doing this. THANK YOU - ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE REALLY APPRECIATED.

Re: Review my site please

For the background problem you'll need a higher rank than me, I'm afraid; but I must tell you that your "HOME" link doesn't work from the other pages... need to check that,
    david
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

No problem. I see the full background through out even behind the texts.

Comment: Your site does not look credible with the spinning cup,
      the racing marquee and the enegertic red arrow>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The red background for the Bold texts looks really ridiculous.
      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
      Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
      State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

i have to agree you have way to much movement its hard to sit and read the site... i just did a fast click through your pages and the template moves as you get the last one.
        www.digitalenchant.com

Comment

To stop your page layout from jumping around the best thing to do is create one page as a master (name [save it] it master), add all the common elements of all your pages; menus, headers, footers, etc. Then clone that page to create your other pages, save each page then as what ever you need; index, aboutus, ect. Then simply add the content specific for that page. This will ensure that all the pages are exactly the same and in the same position all the time.
          Reguards
          Ed
          www.dsondesigns.com
          www.marseillesyouthsports.com
          www.300hitter.com
          www.bigjk.net
          How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Comment

WAGNER-

I created this custom background from a cropped picture I had in my folder specifically for a Demo for George's Tobasco Tours site a couple of years ago, which I posted (along with a couple of different versions) to illustrate the principle of layering and layout [Link To Demo Site].

I made it large enough so when it "tiled" it would still be pretty much under the page background and it would not be noticed how the pictures had a "fuzz line" where they met. However, to make a page background (the white area where you place Content on top of), you simply make a "shape" and size it accordingly: you can even add a colored border to your shape, or overlay another shape which you add texture or gradient color.

You simply use "layering" to assemble a composite look ... not difficult. Just make sure whatever is supposed to be on top (like hyperlinks) is 'brought to Front' otherwise they won't work.

Using this background is incongruent with your site theme (real estate), IMO, and it really is not nice to use it without citing source or first asking!
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by RJW View Post
                http://www.realestateorganization.net A work in progress but my problem right now is getting the background to flow throughout the pages. The typed portion of each page is white. I have read other postings that had this problem, but have tried everything I know. I have moved everything to one side of each page to make certain there is not something hiding behind something preventing this. I was able to add the background to the text block itself, but then of course it does not line up with the background behind that - therefore, there is a background over a background and I would imagine there is a better way of doing this. THANK YOU - ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE REALLY APPRECIATED.
                Hey, its good to see that someone trying hard to build a attractive site. Well,
                a) on the index page - background and body text mixed up with same colour.
                b) As ahimsa said, your home link is not working.
                c) I think if you bring your content in the center, it may looks better.
                d) About us page- the glass button has got no link like most of products page.
                e) contact us page - once you filled all your details and click send- it showing not found.

You really need lots of work done before you actually bring your site out to the public. good luck anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                  WAGNER-

I created this custom background from a cropped picture I had in my folder specifically for a Demo for George's Tobasco Tours site a couple of years ago, which I posted (along with a couple of different versions) to illustrate the principle of layering and layout [Link To Demo Site].

I made it large enough so when it "tiled" it would still be pretty much under the page background and it would not be noticed how the pictures had a "fuzz line" where they met. However, to make a page background (the white area where you place Content on top of), you simply make a "shape" and size it accordingly: you can even add a colored border to your shape, or overlay another shape which you add texture or gradient color.

You simply use "layering" to assemble a composite look ... not difficult. Just make sure whatever is supposed to be on top (like hyperlinks) is 'brought to Front' otherwise they won't work.

Using this background is incongruent with your site theme (real estate), IMO, and it really is not nice to use it without citing source or first asking!
                  This is call professional work. That's a wonderful example Vasili.

Comment

I think that your biggest issue is your overall design, the spinning cup the arrow and the red background for the bold text, (lets just say it does not have a professional out look) too much for my skeleton. :)
                    I would have closed your page in seconds.
                    Take a look at your competitors see what -COLOURS- they're using, do a google search - how to use colours for my business - you will find lots of tips.
                    For your layout read here. I'm sure it will improve your result.

Comment

I agree with the spinning cup and arrow stuff. Its really distracting.

Comment

Your website is too busy for me. It does not look organized.
                        I have been a licensed Realtor since 1976. I could be a potential buyer of a system like yours. I assure you that over the years, many, many systems have been offered in the market place. Mike Ferry, Brian Buffini, Danielle Kennedy, Rick DeLuca, Tommy Hopkins and other well-known motivational speakers have traversed from coast to coast selling his/her particular twist on how to get organized. Every item you offered, I have seen a least one or two versions. Every trade organization offers a system.
                        Real estate is geographically sensitive. Your list may or may not work in California, New York or Oklahoma. I assume you are targeting to sell primarily in Texas.
                        I was the one of the first real estate agents with a home computer, connecting to the multiple listing service using a modem (you youngster probably have never hear of anything so silly). I had a Compac Desk Pro with 10 MB of hard disk. That was hip. That was in 1984. I am successful in this business because I have kept up with the technology, so here I am, learning to build my own websites!
                        A bunch of lists is just too one dimensional. You need to have a "hook" - something that makes your list different, perhaps an "add on" or an interactive calendar for following up with clients.
                        Besides, an agent can always get a transaction coordinator to do the paperwork. There are companies with roaming coordinators. Many agents have licensed assistants working side-by-side to do all the paperwork.
                        Your lists may be more useful for a beginner, unfamiliar with the practice of real estate. Perhaps, you could make this group your primary focus group. Twenty-five/thirty years ago, I would have appreciated what you have to offer. Today, I have more list than I know what to do with. It's boring. Offer me something I don't have. I may buy.
                        A system that integrates the myriad of tasks that must be done with the chores that a working parent has to do would be appealing.
                        A system may simplify things, provide a framework but to be a successful real estate agent, the most important thing is personal contact.
                        I apologize if I seem critical. This is my area of expertise. I admire you entrepeneurial spirit and I sincerely hope you success.
                        For myself, I find the more you have (material things), the more time it takes to sort, organize and throw out. I am committing myself to getting rid of things and keeping it as simple and possible (ha!)
                        Good luck.

Regards,
                        B.
                        CRS - Certified Residential Spe******t
                        SRES - Seniors Real Estate Spe******t
                        33+ years of experience

Comment

Working...
                        X