Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost and need help

Ok I am lost already..

I am going to use my online store as a back end and have it installed on a sub domain.

Because of this it doesn't have to be real fancy and I just want to use a neutral template and just ad my logo.

So I have signed into my admin and clicked advanced not the wizard. I then clicked template manager.

I selected a template from the list and then went to settings. I filled in the information and uploaded my banner (logo).

I them go to template upload and click upload template. I keep getting an error and it doesn't do it.

My first concern is I dont have the latest download as my panel doesnt look like the one in the video.

Please help as I am trying to make it simple and easy but that isnt even working.

Re: Lost and need help

WEll.. NEED A LINK.. number one and

Your store or install is NEWER than the video.. the video is outdated.. but they should give you enough of an idea of how to click about and use the elements. You also need to go into the webmaster icon and set up all the details there and the ftp info etc.. to give you the correct editing permissions etc.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
      WEll.. NEED A LINK.. number one and

Your store or install is NEWER than the video.. the video is outdated.. but they should give you enough of an idea of how to click about and use the elements. You also need to go into the webmaster icon and set up all the details there and the ftp info etc.. to give you the correct editing permissions etc.

Karen
      OK not sure which link you want but here is the store so far http://www.onlinestore.jamesincemotorsports.com/

I have the idea and am doing it right I think but I get a template load error.

All I want to do appearance wise is put my logo on top of the page.

Comment

ok.. some templates dont allow for a logo

How are you trying to LOAD the template? It has to be loaded as a zip file.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

ok.. some templates dont allow for a logo

How are you trying to LOAD the template? It has to be loaded as a zip file.

Karen
          I am using the wizard that is suppose to do it for me..?

Comment

No.. it will load a zipped file and install it for you. if the file isnt zipped in the proper format, it will make an error

Please note.. you cannot use blue voda to edit these template files

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Ok let me give you step by step as I am not using Blue Voda. I am using the correct program.

1- I go to the admin page and sign in
              2 - A page pops up which is the control panel
              3- I click Template manager
              4- I select a Template
              5- I click settings
              6- I fill in my info
              7- i uploaded my logo
              8- filled in my contact information
              9- I click on Template upload
              10- I click upload template files
              11- I get an error and it takes me back to the first page

Comment

Some templates do not allow a logo. Even if they have an edit box for one, it may not be included in the template itself, and i believe the one you are attempting to use is one of those.

You first have to DOWNLOAD the folder via your main control panel, edit the template with an html editor, save, upload the template back to its location, upload your logo to the images if you didnt upload with the template. Now select your edited template.

When you UPLOAD a template from the template manager it has to reside on your hard drive in a zip file, and named in soho formatting to upload correctly. Its kicking you back.. because you arent uploading in the correct format.

Please go to the far RIGHT top of the template manager you will see a link to download a pdf file. This explains how to edit your templates.

Why are you doing step number 9? Theres nothing to upload, if you are trying to edit this template. After you uploaded the logo, did you click the save button?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I dunno .. see if this works for the pdf download

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Ok so unless I have Adobe image ready Photoshop or Ulead photo Impact along with Dreamweaver or front page I cant to this which I have none of these. Not to mention I would have to know how to use these programs even if I could afford to buy them.

So it seems that unless I know how to write html or am a web designer I have to have a generic looking site to use soho.?

Am I missing something here?

Karen I know the tree's are keeping me from seeing the forest but I just dont understand.

Comment

You can get a free html editor, or you can go to the sohoaddon site and buy templates.. or theres tons of free ones too.. or yes.. you hire someone to update your template or install it. Or you hire someone like myself or ben at templatezapper.com to make a custom one for you.

addons.soholaunch.com

There are alot of free templates in your template builder if you click the browse more templates etc..

Sometimes spending a little out of pocket reaps benefits, especially if its difficult for you to learn or accomplish in a short time. Trust me.. 99% of the most successful site on the internet are HIRED OUT to designers or firms.. they dont do it themselves. It takes a tad bit of time to LEARN and apply things.. everything doesnt just come canned for use out of the box.. including blue voda or soholaunch.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

You can get a free html editor, or you can go to the sohoaddon site and buy templates.. or theres tons of free ones too.. or yes.. you hire someone to update your template or install it. Or you hire someone like myself or ben at templatezapper.com to make a custom one for you.

addons.soholaunch.com

There are alot of free templates in your template builder if you click the browse more templates etc..

Sometimes spending a little out of pocket reaps benefits, especially if its difficult for you to learn or accomplish in a short time. Trust me.. 99% of the most successful site on the internet are HIRED OUT to designers or firms.. they dont do it themselves. It takes a tad bit of time to LEARN and apply things.. everything doesnt just come canned for use out of the box.. including blue voda or soholaunch.

Karen
                        I got it and will build it myself in Blue Voda as soho is a waste of time unless I want a site that looks like a flea market which I dont.

Thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by nit2winn View Post
                          I got it and will build it myself in Blue Voda as soho is a waste of time unless I want a site that looks like a flea market which I dont.

Thanks for the help
                          Oh That's funny
                          Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Yes.. its funny. However, whats funnier is... the site isnt built yet.. and hes going to have to have html coding for his buttons and cart, if he has any variations at all, and will spend just as much time or paying someone to CUSTOMIZE the cart...as he would have the template..

Soho isnt a waste of time.. as I said.. almost nothing comes out of the box ready for use. Theres always some learning curve, some prep time, and almost always you are going to have to learn some HTML coding to get things done the way you want them.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                            X