Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VodaHost signup

Question 1:
    I am considering to sign up for a VodaHost account. I have my two domains registered elsewhere (for the time being) - so I do not need a new free domain. Do I get something else in return (such as discount on the VodaHost account?)

Question 2:
    I am working on my web pages using BlueVoda - and I understand now that I have to use VodaHost to host these pages. If I in the future will not be happy with your services web hosting services - can I then move to another web hotel provider (can I take with me my pages in a standard format that can be hosted elsewhere). Of course I hope this will not be neccesary.

Question 3:
    If I want to move my domains to e.g. VodaHost Domains my existing domain provider says that I have to pay one year extra domain registration fee (as a transfer fee) - but it includes one year domain registration renewal. How do I then do the transfer to make sure I don't pay twice (one year renewal for old registrar and new registration at VodaHost?

Re: VodaHost signup

1) No.

2) BV only works on VodaHost servers.

3) He is wrong you do not have to pay transfer out fee, this is a unethical
    scam that some web hosts try to pull to make a few bucks.

There is no fee for transfering out. Click the below link to make sure you
    are the administrative and technical contact for the domain...

http://www.whois.sc

If yes...Just make sure your domain is unlocked and we can transfer it
    without any issues.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for frank reply. I have already signed up for a 3-year VodaHost package.

However, I am still confused on the domain transfer question (by the way my domains are naxos-house.com and bjornbet.com and I am administrative contacts of both).

On your site (link) you are using almost the same rules as my existing domain name registrar (supposed to be international registry rules). He also says it is free to transfer out - but I still have to pay one year fee - however then my domain is "paid" for an additional year at the new domain name registrar.

Hence, I would like to transfer my domains - but not receive a bill before 12 months later from VodaHost for domain registration as the expiry date of my domains will be prolonged due to the transfer. Can you confirm this?

http://www.vodahostdomains.com/pricing.asp#domain

· The registry stipulates that domain name transfers are the same as new one-year name registrations, so we do too. Transfers add to the time remaining on the registration at the other registrar, and do not start the clock over.
      Exception: The Registry will not add a year if the domain is transferred within the first 45 days of the extended/renewed year.

Comment

click the below...

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/dom...-vodahost.html

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi there (.....and thanks for good answers)

I have reviewed earlier the reference source that you recommended. Now after seeing the referred turotial I understand that a inbound domain transfer to VodaHost Domains cost about $8.

Do I understand correctly that if I pay $8 that includes one year renewal of the domain registration. In case from when is this renewal - 1 year from when domain is transferred or 1 year from when domain is set to expire (as shown in WHOIS)? This question is relevant as to WHEN should I do the transfer (now or wait till it is about to expire).

If I pay you for the inbound transfer (what I understand is not really a fee for transfer - it is rather a discounted registration fee for 1 year) and you take care of the transfer - can my old registrar then legally claim a fee for "letting my domain go". My existing registrar explain his transfer fee in the same way - there is no cost of transfer - there is only a cost of next years registration that is included in the transfer service.

Or is it like this: Whoever who initiate the transfer (new or old registrar) has the right to collect the next year registration fee.

I need to know so I don't end up paying twice for domain registration (as both claim you have free service - only paying for registration costs)

Comment

Hi *****,

I only need answer on the first question (about when the new registration expire) as my current registrer has now admitted that he will not take any fee if new registrar does the job to transfer the domain. Information frou you and the reference to the FAQ under helped me:

http://www.icann.org/transfers/dnholder-faq-03nov04.htm

However, I have another short question. My current host use the cPanel X product like VodeHost does. That included fee E-mails accounts and multiple Webmail programs such as Horde etc...

I hope this is included in VodaHosts package as well as one of the domains that I want to transfer also is also used for mail (not only redirect)? The reason I am confused is that on VodaHost Domains pages they offer mail accounts as a pay-service....

I guess I will get this answers when I get the VodaHost account opened (I ordered a 3-year package on 02.03.06 afternoon - and I am still waiting for my welcome mail to say everything is opened) - but I am anxious to publish my ready BlueWoda web site (www.naxos-house.com) as well as transfer this domain and my personal www.bjornbet.com domain to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Steinar B
              Hi there (.....and thanks for good answers)

I have reviewed earlier the reference source that you recommended. Now after seeing the referred turotial I understand that a inbound domain transfer to VodaHost Domains cost about $8.

Do I understand correctly that if I pay $8 that includes one year renewal of the domain registration. In case from when is this renewal - 1 year from when domain is transferred or 1 year from when domain is set to expire (as shown in WHOIS)? This question is relevant as to WHEN should I do the transfer (now or wait till it is about to expire).

If I pay you for the inbound transfer (what I understand is not really a fee for transfer - it is rather a discounted registration fee for 1 year) and you take care of the transfer - can my old registrar then legally claim a fee for "letting my domain go". My existing registrar explain his transfer fee in the same way - there is no cost of transfer - there is only a cost of next years registration that is included in the transfer service.

Or is it like this: Whoever who initiate the transfer (new or old registrar) has the right to collect the next year registration fee.

I need to know so I don't end up paying twice for domain registration (as both claim you have free service - only paying for registration costs)
              Yes, each inbound trnsafer costs US$8.14 The renewal is included in the fee.
              Last edited by VodaHost; 03-06-2006, 12:55 PM.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by Steinar B
                Hi *****,

I only need answer on the first question (about when the new registration expire) as my current registrer has now admitted that he will not take any fee if new registrar does the job to transfer the domain. Information frou you and the reference to the FAQ under helped me:

http://www.icann.org/transfers/dnholder-faq-03nov04.htm

However, I have another short question. My current host use the cPanel X product like VodeHost does. That included fee E-mails accounts and multiple Webmail programs such as Horde etc...

I hope this is included in VodaHosts package as well as one of the domains that I want to transfer also is also used for mail (not only redirect)? The reason I am confused is that on VodaHost Domains pages they offer mail accounts as a pay-service....

I guess I will get this answers when I get the VodaHost account opened (I ordered a 3-year package on 02.03.06 afternoon - and I am still waiting for my welcome mail to say everything is opened) - but I am anxious to publish my ready BlueWoda web site (www.naxos-house.com) as well as transfer this domain and my personal www.bjornbet.com domain to you.
                Yes, unlimited email accounts and webmail is included. Your account has
                been fully set up since 2006/03/02, if you did not recieive your login email.
                Please check your bulk,ail and spam folders. If you still can not find it.
                Please submit a support ticket.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi *****,

You said each inbound domain transfer costs USD 8.15 - however I still need an confirmation from what time the 1 year renewal is calculated. Is the renewal 1 extra year from domain transfer date or 1 year from domain expiry date (as shown in WHOIS)?

Comment

1) It is from the date of the transfer, one year is added
                    2) The whois remains the EXACT same
                    3) Click the below...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                    X