Is a site ever finished?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is a site ever finished?

Ok, I have thought about posting in the past but one of my sites had to undergo a unexpected change. Then the second site...yes I am working on two at the same time, not by choice, had to get an add-on. I'm still adding and deleting, but this will be a continous process here.

So, I know they are not glamorous. I have no artistic abilities nor artistic imagination. I know what I want or like when I see it.

So how about some inputs, tell me what is bad & ugly and how I could make it better.

These are my sites.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
    Aguycanbeachhostel
    Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Re: Is a site ever finished?

"Is a site ever finished?"
    No.
    The more you learn, the more you know, the greater your capabilities become, and the higher you will wish to a s p i r e.

Such is the fate of humankind, in all our imperfect Glory. Our egos will always strive for perfection, for self-definition in the reflection of our personal progress, be it cognitive, social, or spiritual .... and quite frankly, the art of communicating via the World Wide Web involves every one of these elemental aspects as its core and fundamental structure.

VodaHost has made the allure of this adventure even more compelling than ever imagined with the open-ended opportunity that Blue Voda singularly represents. The supporty, encouragement, and inspiration freely made available from your peers in the VodaTalk Forums simply add to your experience, transforming what an onlooker would consider an "addiction" into a pursuit of perfection .... something admirable by anyone's standard.

Feel free to enjoy the overall experience, and to become enabled by the confidence that wells within you so that you are more appreciative of all of your efforts as you blossom and fulfill the innate purpose to express your creative Self in one of the most exciting and evolutionary mediums ever conceived .... an unfolding reality, both visible and invisible!

... and on we go!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

You will always be tweeking your site..
      Sharon Chajin

Comment

My site never stops growing and getting tweaked (almost on a daily basis). With winter coming on and business slowing, I'm once again thinking of rebuilding it for the 3rd time. I like your first site even though there are funny things happening on it - like: - your menu on your Rental Rates page which doesn't work - I prefer a menu off to one side or at the top of the page as well as what you have here - when you click on a larger version of a photo you taken out of your website (i.e. no navigation with the picture except your own browser) - Private listings page doesn't exist and so on. Your second website, the hostel one, is totally different. I find it hard to believe it was created by the same person. Unfortunately I gave up waiting for it to load. Either my broadband was suddenly going very slow or your images were huge. This page was also to wide for my screen and I had to scroll sideways to see everything (over 1000 wide). I think you have to pick one site and iron the bugs out of it before moving onto the next one or you'll answer your own question - "Is a site ever finished?" At the moment I fell that the answer for you will be no.
        www.ArlineFishingCharter.co.nz
        www.NewZealandFishingCharter.com
        www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

hi Travlinman,

sorry but must agree with Muzza:"I think you have to pick one site and iron the bugs out of it before moving onto the next on..."

Zum beispiel:

From the SALES page I can only go back by the back browser button.
          From RESERVATIONS I have to close a tab
          PRIVATE LISTINGS shows "not found"

Und......
          About Us -
          History: "....his design of its (no ').....web presence. His......outgoing personality (I assume he's not schizophrenic LOL).......German

Sales - "All.......construction style ('steal' is not a good mistake to make LOL) Actually, the whole sentence doesn't make sense!

"If you need.......it translated"

No. 130 - not sure about exact location? "....about 4 meters below street level"!!!

No. 114 - maybe "too hot"?

No 227 - "....one of the few that has......"

If you wish I can check the other site in the same way......when I have time LOL

Overall, though, the site looks good,
          david
          Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Originally posted by ahimsa View Post
            hi Travlinman,

sorry but must agree with Muzza:"I think you have to pick one site and iron the bugs out of it before moving onto the next on..."

Zum beispiel:

From the SALES page I can only go back by the back browser button.
            From RESERVATIONS I have to close a tab
            PRIVATE LISTINGS shows "not found"

Und......
            About Us -
            History: "....his design of its (no ').....web presence. His......outgoing personality (I assume he's not schizophrenic LOL).......German

Sales - "All.......construction style ('steal' is not a good mistake to make LOL) Actually, the whole sentence doesn't make sense!

"If you need.......it translated"

No. 130 - not sure about exact location? "....about 4 meters below street level"!!!

No. 114 - maybe "too hot"?

No 227 - "....one of the few that has......"

If you wish I can check the other site in the same way......when I have time LOL

Overall, though, the site looks good,
            david
            Thanks David,

I have reviewed and corrected what you pointed out.

I am not sure why the sales page menu does not work for you. It is the same menu as on all the pages; using navaldesign's I-frame method. I tried it myself in Opera & FF and works fine.
            The reservations page purposely loads in a new tab so that the person making a reservation could refer back to the page without leaving the form.
            I overlooked publishing the private listing page as it is a newly added page and has no listings yet.

Sales - could not find what you are referring to.

No. 130 - As the apartments are constructed on a hillside, the roadway is literally above the building. The roof of the second story apartments is almost at street level. (badly worded I guess)

Thanks for you critique....and if you have the time and interest to review the other I will be glad to hear what you think.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
            Aguycanbeachhostel
            Comunidad Aguycan Beach

Comment

Originally posted by Muzza View Post
              My site never stops growing and getting tweaked (almost on a daily basis). With winter coming on and business slowing, I'm once again thinking of rebuilding it for the 3rd time. I like your first site even though there are funny things happening on it - like: - your menu on your Rental Rates page which doesn't work - I prefer a menu off to one side or at the top of the page as well as what you have here - when you click on a larger version of a photo you taken out of your website (i.e. no navigation with the picture except your own browser) - Private listings page doesn't exist and so on. Your second website, the hostel one, is totally different. I find it hard to believe it was created by the same person. Unfortunately I gave up waiting for it to load. Either my broadband was suddenly going very slow or your images were huge. This page was also to wide for my screen and I had to scroll sideways to see everything (over 1000 wide). I think you have to pick one site and iron the bugs out of it before moving onto the next one or you'll answer your own question - "Is a site ever finished?" At the moment I fell that the answer for you will be no.
              Thanks Muzza,

As you said, "there are funny things happening". I myself have said that my sites are posessed!

I do not understand the problem with the menu as it is centralized and the same on every page, calling it up from another file. Ahimsa had the same problems as yourself, except that it was on another page. I have tried it in several browsers and they all work since more than at least a month.

Not sure why it is loading slowly for you, all pics are under 600 and it loads fine here with a wifi connection that I am using (stealing) from the neighboring building. Could be that there are too many pics; will check it out.
              I have spent months trying to iron out some of the bugs, posting in the forum to get help but receiving none. The most recent which has appeared in the specials page. (One of the shapes I have inserted there has adopted the form & background of a muenu button; there are no menus on this page. ????)

I will check into the side-scroll... I have a 15" display and it all fits. Maybe I can delete one row of pics to narrow it down.

The second page is actually my first but the first is my primary page (money earning)

Thanks again

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
              Aguycanbeachhostel
              Comunidad Aguycan Beach

Comment

Originally posted by travlinman View Post
                I have spent months trying to iron out some of the bugs, posting in the forum to get help but receiving none.
                Most of the time you'll find no one rushing to solve certain issues because it is a very basic thing that should be obvious, or has literally been answered many times already.

There is no reason to continually create thread after thread on something that is core, just to answer an individual. Matter of fact, it's part of Moderator Rules to delete them --- part of PRUNING the forums, a simple Administrative task.
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Ok, so:

under the "reduced" button: All apartments are of the same construction steal and differ only by left or right of the furniture are further developed.
                  Not a word I would use in your line of business LOL & I'm sorry but I don't really understand the sentence ....

On the About Us page: it's still there!! No ' & in 2nd. para: "Having been a sought after.."

aguycanbeachhostel.com

1st. page: "...35kms south of the Capital
                  Directions: (banner) "...to find us easily" (FYI in English photos)
                  "You can get to us easily..." (better than rather simply)
                  space between in front
                  To Do: no menu on this page?
                  Night Life - "...whether you like..."
                  Reggae (this I also mentioned on other posts!!)
                  Adventure - "...jet ski rentals..." (one i)

Overall - still a lot to do re. linking, side-scroll, reservations page etc but:
                  gedult, gedult.....contact me when everything is ready for a final spelling/grammar check....I have a soft spot for Las Canarias
                  david
                  Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Originally posted by ahimsa View Post
                    Ok, so:

under the "reduced" button: All apartments are of the same construction steal and differ only by left or right of the furniture are further developed.
                    Not a word I would use in your line of business LOL & I'm sorry but I don't really understand the sentence ....

On the About Us page: it's still there!! No ' & in 2nd. para: "Having been a sought after.."

aguycanbeachhostel.com

1st. page: "...35kms south of the Capital
                    Directions: (banner) "...to find us easily" (FYI in English photos)
                    "You can get to us easily..." (better than rather simply)
                    space between in front
                    To Do: no menu on this page?
                    Night Life - "...whether you like..."
                    Reggae (this I also mentioned on other posts!!)
                    Adventure - "...jet ski rentals..." (one i)

Overall - still a lot to do re. linking, side-scroll, reservations page etc but:
                    gedult, gedult.....contact me when everything is ready for a final spelling/grammar check....I have a soft spot for Las Canarias
                    david
                    Thanks David,

You are Awesome! Great proof reading.

I have corrected all you pointed out. Not sure why I see the ' in it's and you don't, but I have retyped the word.

I have also redone the sentence on the sales page. I did not understand it either Had to go back to the German page to find out what I wanted to say. That's what happens when one is to lazy to translate oneself and relies on Google and in too much of a rush to go back and proofread Google's translation.
                    It does not make it easy thinking & designing pages in German half the time & the other half doing it in English.

To Do most likely does not show menus as they are outside of the 900 pixel margin. I do not quite understand this point yet. My pages are 1100 pix, my laptop only has a 15" monitor and yet I see everything without having to side scroll.

P.S. When you went to the Sales page did you notice anything funny? Like a giant link button where the page heading should be? This is what I am getting. I have been having this problem for months, with no answer as to why or how to resolve it.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
                    Aguycanbeachhostel
                    Comunidad Aguycan Beach

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                      Most of the time you'll find no one rushing to solve certain issues because it is a very basic thing that should be obvious, or has literally been answered many times already.

There is no reason to continually create thread after thread on something that is core, just to answer an individual. Matter of fact, it's part of Moderator Rules to delete them --- part of PRUNING the forums, a simple Administrative task.
                      I usually do not post a question that I have not at least tried to answer with a search or spent hours & hours or even days trying to resolve.

Yet I find people rushing to answer questions like:

How so I change my page size?

Why does BV not save my file as html?

How do I make a link out of the "word" in my text?

I have never seen these questions go unanswered, even by moderator.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
                      Aguycanbeachhostel
                      Comunidad Aguycan Beach

Comment

He-he little misunderstanding & my fault for not clarifying: in your context there should be NO " ' " in its. Many, many English native speakers get this wrong: an apostrophe is to denote the absence of a letter, in this case an "i". You do not want to say "it is" (which would be shortened to it's), so you should take out the ', OK???LOL

Sales page: The whole heading looks kinda funny, if you ask me....but sorry don't have the expertise to advise how to remedy it
                        CU
                        david

Comment

Working...
                        X