Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• online now- what do you think?

Hello,

we are offering a program for intercultural education: getting to know & experience Native American culture and tradition in Germany. Due to the fact that our homepage is in German, soon also in English, I would like to know what you think of the layout, structure, overall feel etc..... It is the first homepage that I've created....maybe you have some suggestions.....?

www.medicine-bridge.org

Thank you in advance it is much appreciated.
    MB
    ~Mitakuye Qyasin ~
    We are all related
    www.medicine-bridge.org

Re: online now- what do you think?

Very nice, I wish I could read it..If you build it all the way over to the left you would have no sideways scroll
    Sharon Chajin

Comment

Hi MB - Wayne/Andrea
      sehr schön aber
      my German is not good enough to continue!!
      In the Gallery your pictures are real slow - could be a size problem?
      On the contact form, maybe you could send "Medicine Bridge" to the back?

When you have the English version vertig let me know & I'll proof-read it for you......
      ganz super projekt,
      david
      Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

I like the overall design, but I think the overuse of reds and yellows give off a feeling of alarm or danger. All the colors seem to be very striking which makes the website seem very aggressive.

I would try to soften some of the colors to prevent them from all competing for attention.

Overall, good layout =)
        Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Comment

Thank you so much for your comments and suggestions so far. I really appreciate it!
          @ ahimsa: What do you mean exactly by: "On the contact form, maybe you could send "Medicine Bridge" to the back?"? And yes, I will let you know when the page is availale in English
          @ hylith: I absolutely understand what you mean. I already thought about that but the colors we use go along with/are connected to our program and project content which would be more understandable if our page would be in English....They are also representative/"typical" Lakota colors and resemble the strong and beautiful colors of nature....However, I will think a little more about your advice...thank you!
          ~Mitakuye Qyasin ~
          We are all related
          www.medicine-bridge.org

Comment

@ ahimsa: What do you mean exactly by: "On the contact form, maybe you could send "Medicine Bridge" to the back?"? And yes, I will let you know when the page is availale in English

The "Anfrageformular": Your Medicine Bridge Logo is to the front d.h. the small lettering cannot be read.....click on the logo & select "move to back" - see what happens!
            david
            Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Hey everybody,

I redesigned our hompage www.medicine-bridge.org .
              This time I took hylith advice (thanks again) and reduced alarming/aggressive colors (i.e. red).

Please let me know what you think...criticism is welcomed and appreciated!

Thank you in advance,
              Medicine Bridge
              ~Mitakuye Qyasin ~
              We are all related
              www.medicine-bridge.org

Comment

The site looks real good on the design side & the colours are good. But unfortunately you have made many of your pages width’s @ 1204px which will give a lot of side scroll on most visitor’s screens. Should really be aiming at 985px as a total width & the page being built from the far left of your BV screen & not how it looks on your monitor.
                The other thing that needs attention is much of the sites images as they are way too heavy in kb’s for web use. Your gallery page is the slowest loading as it’s around 12500 kb & should be looking at a max of 3-400kb for a gallery page. If you look at this gallery on my site, it's around 475 Kb, & i would really class it as to large & slow for web use, but will use it for now.
                The light box you are using is really for the odd 1 or 2 images on a page & not an album. I am still surprised that BV doesn’t mention this & tell users what this feature should be used for as many use it for the wrong reasons. The other thing that should not be used with BV, is the blue handles on the images to shrink them as you end up with a small image with lots of kb’s. But all in all, the site has a nice feel to it.

Good luck.
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

noch mal Hi....
                  ditto to Chris comments re. side-scroll & size of bilder
                  also, super schön gemacht :)
                  still warte ich auf die Englische seiten??
                  gruße,
                  david

Comment

Working...
                  X